Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Leaving?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist

Quote:
Call me weird, but I find that the crowd that runs with that system, most rude, crass, and hostile, not people I would go to a bar with. I do not like them, and if effika's MB's were $5, I WOULD NOT get one.

I hang out on freenode #aros and #morphos (IRC), and I do not experience what you've just described. In fact, they give me great programming advice all the time for my projects. Dont judge the whole community on just a handful of loud mouths. Actually, when it comes to those guys, you'd be surprised at how different people can be when we're not discussing amiga politics.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
Oh, and Mikey, IIRC you didn't even pay for your A1, so you are contractually obliged to give it away rather than sell it.

Really? If I was given the A1, I think I'd be free to sell it after a few years of usage. I mean, it would be mine, not just a loaner. He's done a lot for the community too, so its not like he hasnt earned it. He also had to buy parts to build the system, because he was only given a mobo. But I do see your point. I just dont really agree with it. :) (insert agree to disagree disclaimer here)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Someone said earlier that an A1 sold is merely sold to another user. That's not necessarily true, all the A1s that have been sold locally over the last couple of years have been taken by people like me with at least one already.

I'm feeling guilty now. I have my original G4 XE in the Boing Ball Sphere, which is my workhorse. It has done all my OS4 development and contains several (about 4 or 5) versions of OS4 like Update4, A couple of "Finals" and an Update6, as well as several backups.

In my spare room I have a G3 XE that I bought from a fellow in Brisbane. I started to build it into a portable suitcase with a TFT screen etc, but got bored with the job and these days it does nothing.

So while I am feeling guilty about having an unused A1, is there anyone around (preferably Sydney, but anywhere in Oz) who really, REALLY wants an A1 and doesn't already have one?

Answer here or by PM if you're interested. You never know, we could just perhaps start a second-hand sell and refurbish operation.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
jahc wrote:

I hang out on freenode #aros and #morphos (IRC), and I do not experience what you've just described. In fact, they give me great programming advice all the time for my projects. Dont judge the whole community on just a handful of loud mouths. Actually, when it comes to those guys, you'd be surprised at how different people can be when we're not discussing amiga politics.

Hi jahc,

Does the term "two-faced" have any meaning to you? All of the ones that can't leave our side alone, and continue agitating the situation, like bill evans wanting so desperately it's pathetic the worst possible outcome in the lawsuit to occur (which is Amiga Inc. to win and Hyperion Entertainment to go bankrupt) that he feels obligated to make what, 3 now near 1000 post threads on AmigaWorld.Net? Someone says, "Hyperion looks like they got a good shot at it", then bill goes on for four posts about how, "nope, didn't you hear? Amiga Inc. won."

You can talk to them after you read their comments on other boards?

It's like a friend of mine and his wife..... They are DEAD SET AGAINST abortions, BUT when they needed one, they went and got it, and it's a SECRET I found out by accident. (Probably only 3 people know.)

Now, they are as bad as these 2. Who is they? You've read the list of names I made elsewhere in the past.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Atheist

Those threads are good "popcorn material".

Thats how I treat them anyway.

Entertainment on a boring day and at the end of the day......

IT'S THE JUDGE WHO WILL DECIDE

Lets hope it's all wrapped up soon.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist

Quote:

Atheist wrote:

Does the term "two-faced" have any meaning to you?

Jahc expressed his positive personal experience with some peoples from Morphos and AROS. I don't know what your remark about two-faced, Mr Evans and abortion have to do with this.
Are you saying that all those people can be nice sometimes but are hiding their evil motives? If you really think so, then maybe you should take a walk in the parks.
I don't even know if Mr Evans is an AROS or Morphos-user but how can you generalize and classify the peoples like you do?
My opinion is this: There are good and bad peoples on all sides! Many are just normal users and developers who are enjoying their platform! It doesn't matter if they are using OS4, AROS or Morphos.
Then there are some extremists who are stiring trouble! Those extremists also exist on both sides! You cannot make a judgement on the whole usergroup because of them, because that is prejudice.
I think if you would have a more positive attitude, then you could make a lot of friends also in the other groups and share your experience with some programmes that both platforms have in common, or even memories of the past before the separation!
I think Jahc has a very good and realistic attitude about the platforms. I have seen that he has ported Wookiechat to AROS and Morphos with the help of others. That's just great and I think it helps to find some unity. Porting is not so difficult and the OS are not so different as many try to make them. If every application has the double amount of users, it can be only positive and the other peoples and users might give good suggestions in the development process.

Quote:
Now, they are as bad as these 2. Who is they? You've read the list of names I made elsewhere in the past.

List of names? You are starting to scare me. It sounds like a death-list of an extremist religious group!
Hey, it's just a computer hobby, isn't it?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Atheist

The amusing (you have to take it that way or get angry) aspect of Bill/Tig's posts is that everything he says is spoken ex cathedra, as an unarguable fact.

I find I can follow those threads if I skip everything headed "Tigger" or "Umisef". It also reduces the noise level by about 20 dB.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Atheist
Quote:
Does the term "two-faced" have any meaning to you?

I don't think it is fair to call everybody two-faced in one broad stroke. You could easily call me two-faced because yes, I do think Amiga Inc. will "win" (quotes because nobody really wins in these silly lawsuits) simply because Hyperion don't own much of anything especially with Amiga Inc. (W) not dead or legally insolvent. Do I like this? Nope. Neither does Mr. Evans. But we can make up own own minds who we think will "win" and we can express our opinion on that. I really don't think that makes us two-faced at all. Yeah, I'd like Hyperion to take things over just because they at least have delivered something but I really don't think they have a chance to "win" those lawsuits in the end. Am I now two-faced?

Quote:
All of the ones that can't leave our side alone, and continue agitating the situation, like bill evans wanting so desperately it's pathetic the worst possible outcome in the lawsuit to occur (which is Amiga Inc. to win and Hyperion Entertainment to go bankrupt) that he feels obligated to make what, 3 now near 1000 post threads on AmigaWorld.Net? Someone says, "Hyperion looks like they got a good shot at it", then bill goes on for four posts about how, "nope, didn't you hear? Amiga Inc. won."

So the guy likes to argue. So the guy makes statements as if they are fact. That doesn't make him or anybody two-faced in my opinion.

The only thing that personally bothers me about Mr. Evans is his habit of using petty name insults. That seems to have subsided for the most part but bad habits die hard. That doesn't make him two-faced.

When looking for people that are two-faced I recommend looking closely at company management teams. You'd be surprised how quickly people change faces when company money and/or company survival is involved.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Atheist

Quote:

Atheist wrote:
Quote:
jahc wrote:
... agitating the situation, like bill evans wanting so desperately it's pathetic the worst possible outcome in the lawsuit to occur (which is Amiga Inc. to win...

For a moment I thought you were meaning me and just got my name wrong ! Because if anything I lean rather heavily to the Hyperion side in this matter. I was rather puzzled but my surname *is* often mistaken for Evans.

I didn't realise that the "Tigger" bloke on AWN had such a similar name to me until I checked his profile just.

Just to make clear:

Bill Evans aka Tigger != Bill Eaves aka BillE

I'm too busy writing software to run on OS4 to want Hyperion to lose and have to start from scratch.

Bill Eaves.

(Just fixed the quoting - Chris)

Edited by Chris on 2007/8/11 20:33:07
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@jahc

Of course, there should have been a smiley after that statement (oh, hold on - there was!). I wasn't being entirely serious.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
Of course, there should have been a smiley after that statement (oh, hold on - there was!). I wasn't being entirely serious.

Whoops, I completely missed it.. sorry!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
I ask, because there is a lot of Amiga users who are quitting the scene in view of the latest shananigans by Amiga.inc.

The way I feel about it at the mo, if no new hardware is out by Christmas this year, I too will be selling my MicroA1 and moving to the mac.

I have had enough.

"You were under the impression
That when you were walking forward
You'd end up further onward
But things ain't quite that simple."

(The Who, I've had enough.)

Hello MC and all those from the "happy times". Tis true, tis me. Tis good to be back. Talking of which, back to the subject of this post.

I'm frankly surprised that anyone is still an active member of the community. To say I was a little surprised to see the Amiga had not moved forward since my former sentient form is not only an understatement, it is a direct insult and challange to a duel to understatements.

Before I died then became the resurection (Hello Billsey - I'm poking my tongue at you while I say this ) and returned more powerful than you can imagine (Thanks George Lucas), I could at least buy Amiga hardware - even if the OS wasn't quite finished yet.

Now I can get a finished-ish OS but no hardware.

So why is anyone still here? No really, why? What is "here" exactly anyway? Surely for a "here" to exist, there must be a "there" but if you look at the Amiga scene you can see that "there" is in fact, "here".

Which brings me back to doe.

The Mac seems to be a fine machine. All those that I supplied (Amiga) computers to have (with the exception of one - go Spacecub!) moved onto Macs with very little retraining needed.

I have chosen the dark side so I can play games and though I still have an Amiga in working condition, I have failed to be inspired enough to clear the junk from the desk which inprisons it. It's a basic vanilla A1200 with a Blizzard 1260. Crap graphics but boots in 4 seconds. Not really sure what to do with it to be honest.

So why am I here? Why have I returned to the most fanatical extremist transcendent of Amiga websites?

Simple, I want a new Amiga so I can go back some creativity in my (new retired and living the life of a hermit) life. The people who have that power come here to soak up your cosmic vibes to keep their egos inflated.

Ergo I follow the vibe from the source to the destination and spike it with amphetamine as it passes by my earthly domain.

That and I want to annoy Billsey with res-erection jokes.

So all, stop with the "boo hoo, I'm a pussy and want to leave because "insert perfectly valid and reasoned reason here" and instead ask, "Why am I here in the first place?"

Answer that and you won't need to ask the former.

So Mikey_C, why are you here?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@The_Druid

Welcome to your first post on here The_Druid...

@Mickey_C

By then I might consider buying it then as a "backup" for my A1XE...

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)