Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SAm460 LE sudden network drops
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am experiencing sudden network drops out of blue when using iBrowse downloads. the only way to restore is hard reboot. Reinstalled OS and updated several times but the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Edited by Isense on 2024/1/11 20:47:10
Go to top
Re: SAm469 LE sudeden network drops
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
read my thread about my experiences with the SAM460LE and websites it is toward the bottom of the first page:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... &order=ASC&status=&mode=0

"NOTE: I went into SYS:Devs/NetInterfaces/ppc460ex_eth and added
mtu=1500. In Ranger I saw that the MTU for TCP stack and HW were both 1518 and any packet over 1500 needs to be fragmented. So I made RoadShow MTU to 1500. It is loading faster and not causing the CPU to be pegged constantly. My thoughts is there is something nonstandard in the TCP/IP stack that strict websites do not like."

I noticed yesterday I was rebuilding my SAM 460LE from scratch for some troubleshooting and noticed your exact problem but when I put my old HD in I do't have it. I totally forgot about this until I read issues I had with it when I first built it. See if that works.

Here is another weird thing. I noticed that when I have an SD card in the motherboard that it acts more responsive. I have a 64gig SD with 2 equal partitions for backing up.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you for your suggestions, nothing worked, morphos on the same board works flawlessly though. Easy way to knock out network on AmigaOS in my setup is to launch iBrowse and download any file from Aminet. On the first, second or third download network hangs requiring hard reset to fix.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Isense

Which version of IBrowse? Does it happen with both 2.5.9 and 3.0a? If you still have the original IBrowse 3.0, be sure to update to 3.0a.

IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have exactly the same problem and on MorphOS no problems with network as well!
It doesn't matter which browser is used (but updating to IBrowse 3.0a is recommended anyway).

It is interesting that amiganuts doesn't have this issue with his old HDD. Maybe you can spot all differences in the configurations and test it with your new setup?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It happens with both versions 2.5.9 and 3.0a of iBrowse. I have not noticed this issue with the latest Netsurf.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
You could try switching off persistent connections in the IBrowse network settings. Not an ideal solution, but if this helps, it probably points to a bug in the device driver for your network card. There were a couple of reports like this for OS3, but so far nobody has pinned it down to anything.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I found a thread elsewhere where it was said the issue happens with the OEM IBrowse 2.4 supplied with OS4 - can you confirm that too?

If this is the case, the persistent connections setting shouldn't be a factor. It got me wondering what happens if you set the thread priorities to 0 in the IBrowse network settings? By default, they range from -1 to -3, IIRC. Perhaps this could be causing a race condition with the network device driver.

Go to top
Re: SAm460 LE sudden network drops
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura Switching off persistent connection in iBrowse network settings worked! Thank you!

Go to top

Register To Post