Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

kas1e, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »
Re: MPlayer 1.5 released!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
As far as i know the only changes applied in version from (12/27/2023) available on github is the use of OpenSSL instead of AmiSSL5!
Could you try if the version on OS4depot (AmiSSL5) have the same issue with the pause?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79
Quote:
Could you try if the version on OS4depot (AmiSSL5) have the same issue with the pause?

Just downloaded and tried the version on OS4Depot. It has the same issue. Won't pause in full screen. Both the altivec and non-altivec versions.

MPlayer 1.5-rc2 (12/22/2023)
SVN-r38440-snapshot-11.3.0

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Ok, can't reproduce here, but we will check that .. thanks for report :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
Current os4depot.net version seems to be SVN-r38440, with which 'p' and 'SPACE' doesn't work for pause for you either.
The version which works for you (SVN-r38423) is not, or no longer, on os4depot.net?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Think I missed to add IDCMP_RAWKEY (or _VANILLAKEY or both) to the window in fullscreenmode in _comp_yuv drivers.
Will try to fix it ASAP.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

As Javier pointed out, its maybe only comp_yuv affected by this, but me can't be able to reproduce it with P96 drivers nor wpa/comp based one ones
As for the different versions around, we doesn't replace anything relevant from OS4depot yet (old archives from Mick and LiveForIt still there)
We had done currently 2 archives, one on OS4Depot that use AmiSSL5 and another one just re-compiled with OpenSSL
Both are based on same SVN/FFMpeg snapshot (SVN-38440/FFMpeg 6.0)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

As far as I can remember, the Os4Depot version (December 25, 2023) of MPlayer 1.5 had problems with streaming via Yt.rexx. I reported this error myself.

There was a hotfix on December 27th:

https://github.com/smarkusg/mplayer/releases/tag/MPlayer-1.5-RC2

With this version, streaming works smoothly, pause/forward and rewind in window/full screen with the video output WPA/COMP/SDL/GL. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test any of the other editions.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
As far as I can remember, the Os4Depot version (December 25, 2023) of MPlayer 1.5 had problems with streaming via Yt.rexx. I reported this error myself.
There was a hotfix on December 27th:

Yes, that's what I recall as well.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joerg

If you have a version based on SVN-r38423 its maybe one of the old internal beta i sent you for test )
Pretty possible that this pause bug was introduced after that...

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Is it possible to use the multimedia keys (Volume down and up) of a 110-key keyboard for volume control with MPlayer? How should they be defined? Does Mplayer understand the $xxxxxxxx key codes if used in the prefs file?

EDIT
I tested these lines in input.conf:

$800000EA volume -1
$800000E9 volume 1

Did not work .

Edited by Gregor on 2024/1/23 15:42:45
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor

No idea, but in /conf drawer there is (or you can create) input.conf and "assign there keys you want to use:
s screenshot
MOUSE_BTN0_DBL vo_fullscreen

# DVDNAV

8 {dvdnav} dvdnav up
2 {dvdnav} dvdnav down
4 {dvdnav} dvdnav left
6 {dvdnav} dvdnav right
5 {dvdnav} dvdnav select
ENTER {dvdnav} dvdnav select
MOUSE_BTN0 {dvdnav} dvdnav select # DVDNav Select (OK)

Or got to
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/control.html#ctrl-cfg
for more info.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd THX for reporting

Confirmed is the lack of IDCMP_VANILLAKEY tag when going to fullscreen.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor
Quote:
Is it possible to use the multimedia keys (Volume down and up) of a 110-key keyboard for volume control with MPlayer?
If the keys are not mapped to Amiga RAWKEYs with the USB keymap config adding support for IDCMP_EXTENDEDKEYBOARD additionally to IDCMP_RAWKEY and IDCMP_VANILLAKEY in MPlayer is required to support such keys.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor
Quote:
Is it possible to use the multimedia keys (Volume down and up) of a 110-key keyboard for volume control with MPlayer?

As Joerg stated, Non VANILLA or RAWKEYS can't be mapped, but you can use AllKeys from OS4Depot to assign the media keys on keyboards. I have my multimedia volume keys mapped to control the volume level of both Nemosound and Mixer, (sometimes I switch between the two) so that they control the volume for all programs, including Mplayer.

Link to AllKeys

AllKeys was written by Daniel Westerberg and works great. I have all my multimedia keys assigned with it.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktaddQuote:
ktadd wrote:
As Joerg stated, Non VANILLA or RAWKEYS can't be mapped, but you can use AllKeys from OS4Depot to assign the media keys on keyboards. I have my multimedia volume keys mapped to control the volume level of both Nemosound and Mixer, (sometimes I switch between the two) so that they control the volume for all programs, including Mplayer.

I'm alredy using AllKeys, but I still cannot figure how to make MPlayer to use the multimediakeys directly... The only workaround I have found is to assign those keys to execute the included Arexx scripts which adjust the volume (RX 'VolumeDown.rx' and RX 'VolumeUp.rx'). Or is this the method you are using, too?

The dark side of using those scripts is that if you accidentally press the multimedia keys when MPlayer is NOT runing, rx will crash (8000003)!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:
As Joerg stated, Non VANILLA or RAWKEYS can't be mapped
Maybe adding support for mapping the complete IDCMP_EXTENDEDKEYBOARD codes to MPlayer's input.conf would be a lot of work, but adding some defaults for the most common multimedia keys (I don't remember if they are in subclass SET1 or HID), incl. volume +/-, pause/play, forward/backward, etc., in MPlayer should be easy.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
Quote:
Maybe adding support for mapping the complete IDCMP_EXTENDEDKEYBOARD codes to MPlayer's input.conf would be a lot of work, but adding some defaults for the most common multimedia keys (I don't remember if they are in subclass SET1 or HID), incl. volume +/-, pause/play, forward/backward, etc., in MPlayer should be easy.

If what your suggesting is to add support for the multimedia keys into MPlayer source code, that makes me a bit nervous. I have those keys setup to control other things and I would be afraid of interactions. For example, I might want my ">>|" key to go to the end of the currently playing video, or I might want it to go to the next video in a playlist. If you code it in the source code you have taken that option away from the user.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd
You could still change what the keys should do in MPlayer's input.conf, but just mapping a few, common SET1/HID keys to the MPlayer's ones would be a lot easier than adding support for the possibility to remap all possible 64k key codes of IDCMP_EXTENDEDKEYBOARD.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor
Quote:
I'm alredy using AllKeys, but I still cannot figure how to make MPlayer to use the multimediakeys directly...

Use AllKeys to translate your volume up key to the 0 key and to translate the volume down key to 9. The zero and nine keys control MPlayers volume, so translating your multimedia keys to zero and nine works. I tested it on my system and it works great.

On my system I use the program "Mixer" or "Nemosound" audio mixer, so I have my multimedia volume keys sent the arexx commnads for volume up and down for those programs. That way the multimedia volume keys control the volume for all programs, not just mplayer. I also have the mute key mapped so I can mute the sound as well.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd wrote:
Quote:
Use AllKeys to translate your volume up key to the 0 key and to translate the volume down key to 9. The zero and nine keys control MPlayers volume, so translating your multimedia keys to zero and nine works. I tested it on my system and it works great.

Thanks for the tip... I already thought that option but abandoned it as I would then loose the 0 and 9 keys which I need with other programs. But I noticed that In AllKeys Arexx commands can also be addressed directly to the Arexx port of MPlayer ('Mplayer.1'), without using 'rx' command and scripts. That seems to be the best solution for me, and there are no side effects if MPlayer is not running when pressing the multimedia keys.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »