Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
163 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 163

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiSSL update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I know I've done this update in the past. But when I tried to run the update to 5.9, it keeps complaining that something is running which is using AmiSSL. I thought it was ZitaFTP, so I shut that down. But it still won't let me run the auto install. I can't think of any other "online" apps running. What else should I look for?

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: AmiSSL update
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I find most network apps are like this. Even after closing it all down something still complains. So I end up just rebooting to a fresh Workbench.

Is that from AmiUpdate? The auto install usually calls the usual installer for apps like AmiSSL with a normal installer. Unpack it and see if it has a normal installer script that should also have an icon.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

I got the same with both the last but one update which I gave up on and the last one too. I never managed to find what was running that AMiSSL complains about.

To make sure no network apps were running, I booted without s:network-startup which allowed the SSL update to install. After that you can just reboot as normal.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

This is after a fresh reboot.

I've tried both Amiupdate and the file from OS4Depot.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

I disabled network startup and Zita and rebooted, but it's still complaining. Thanks for the idea.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Paul

Try to boot without WBStartup (hold SHIFT IIRC) and just launch AmiSSL installa script and see if still complains about AmiSSL being in use.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I don't think there is a way to check what's currently using AmiSSL (except for using something like Snoopy, but it would have to be started very early), but you can check if there is something using any network connections with something like "ShowNetStatus ALL".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@All

To solve the problem easily just delete amissl.library in libs/
and reinstall...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sinisrus

Thanks, that did the trick.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Not to bore you with the technical details, but AmiSSL needs to maintain a file lock on the libraries with the elf.library 53.34 or older. The installer tries to expunge the libraries from memory, but this can only happen once all applications have closed it.

When the latest elf.library finally gets a public release, this shouldn't be a problem any longer, as AmiSSL no longer needs to maintain locks on the libraries in that case.

Would be interesting to find out which application is causing trouble. If you use something like Scout, you could at least see how many applications have the libraries open currently. It could indicate that an application is maybe failing to close AmiSSL properly on exit.

IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top

Register To Post