Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »
Re: AmigaOS port of libsmb2
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
Raziel wrote:@pvanni

Thank you too.

I did all of this and end up with a volume which i cannot access (cd object not found)

May it be because i have the same share already available through smbfs or hsould they be able to exist happily beside each other?

Be shure they have different volume name

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pvanni

I do.
I don't get any error message.
It gets mounted but I can not access it, no icons on wb either.

I feel like I'm missing just a tiny bit, but I don't know where

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Did you try to capture serial output to see?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@FlynnTheAvatar

Quote:

If I understand correctly, FileSysbox should handle the translation from UTF-8 to the local (latin-1) charset. Does this also work on AmigaOS 4?

I have a share with some non latin-1 chars (music files) that only works correctly with smbfs (the old one) on AmigaOS 4. Both ssh2-handler and smb2fs-handler cannot handle the UTF-8 filenames.

Filesnames are correct with the latest filesysbox and smb2-handler on my Amiga with a 68020 and AmigaOS 3.2.1.

Filesysbox.library has the version 54.9 on my Amiga X5000.

For AmigaOS 4 charset conversion was added in version 54.12 of filesysbox.library that was released to beta testers only just under two weeks ago (6.1.2023).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Okay, thanks for the info. I hope this time it will be released faster than the X5000 kernel with debug support, or NGFS/1.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Petrol

Not yet, will also try to catch snoopy droppings once I'm back home

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
Quote:
For AmigaOS 4 charset conversion was added in version 54.12 of filesysbox.library that was released to beta testers only just under two weeks ago (6.1.2023).
That doesn't make any sense, on AmigaOS 4.x FileSystems must not convert charsets, unless it's a Windows/MacOS/etc. filesystem (FAT, HFS, NTFS, ...) which uses charsets which are impossible on AmigaOS and have to be converted to UTF-8.
Instead the applications have to do it (Workbench, ASL, Dopus, Filer, etc.) for displaying the file/dir names in the currently selected local charset.
The only acceptable charset in file names on AmigaOS 4.x is UTF-8 (maybe UTF-7 too, I don't remember if that was allowed as well), and as fallback for old files/dirs (created on AmigaOS 3.x or older) only ISO-8859-15 (not 8859-1).
If a file/dir name includes chars in the [128-159] range it's a new file/dir with UFT-8 encoding, if it doesn't it's an old, ISO-8859-15 one, or one without any non-ASCII chars.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

I agree, sadly AmigaOS does not handle that correct yet, also AmigaDOS is ASCII, we need a new shell.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

AmigaOS does not support UTF-8 and that is unlikely to change any time soon.

Should a miracle happen and this situation changes at some point it is just a matter of removing/commenting out a line in the filesysbox makefile to disable the UTF-8 to/from local charset conversion.

Unlike the old attempt at charset conversion this one:
1. Queries what charset is used on the system and uses the unicode maptable for that charset.
2. Unicode values that can't be converted into the local charset are converted into base32 escape sequences that can be converted back into the original UTF-8.
3. Conversion only happens when strings are passed between AmigaDOS and filesysbox. Internally filesysbox uses only UTF-8 file names.

I implemented it because I got tired of literally everyone's initial reaction to trying a FUSE file system being to ask why it doesn't handle UTF-8 characters, even though it handles them just fine (just nothing else did or does).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
Quote:
AmigaOS does not support UTF-8 and that is unlikely to change any time soon.
utility.library, and it's replacement functions patched after locale.library is loaded, include UTF-8 to local charset conversions, and the other way round, since about 20 years already.
At the time I was still in the AmigaOS 4.x team, which is about 15 years ago already, it was specified that filesystems have to use UTF-8 and the applications have to do conversion for input and output instead.
Maybe they changed their mind, but any other solution doesn't make any sense at all.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

I am aware of those functions as they were based on ones I use in my filesysbox. A couple of functions for decoding and encoding UTF-8 characters (that programmers can choose to use or not) does not mean that the OS supports UTF-8 though.

Decoding and encoding UTF-8 sequences has never been a problem on AmigaOS really (even before utility.library support there were several 3rd party libraries available for this, as well as the functions in newlib).

The most important thing that is missing IMO is that there is no way to actually render UTF-8 or unicode using the standard graphics.library text functions. The only way to do so currently is to ignore graphics.library and use the low level bullet interface directly which is really tedious and doesn't work well as a general solution for applications. Until this is solved there is no point in trying to use UTF-8 in locale catalogs as those characters will not render correctly in pretty much any applications at all.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
Quote:
The most important thing that is missing IMO is that there is no way to actually render UTF-8 or unicode using the standard graphics.library text functions. The only way to do so currently is to ignore graphics.library and use the low level bullet interface directly which is really tedious and doesn't work well as a general solution for applications.
In OWB I used the new AmigaOS 4.x diskfont.library outline font functions and didn't have any problems rendering unicode texts with them.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

IF you are trying to connect to a Windows Share, solve your problem by enabling on Windows permissions to share !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM

I already have two shares (Windows and Synology) working with smbfs.

Now trying to use them with smb2

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Yes I was talking about SMB2, they work well, see my screenshot, with my AROS One x86, but even with OS3 I created multiple connections to shared and public

The def icons also appear automatically, after clicking on the mount icon

AROS One x86
https://i.ibb.co/Fgw1wYm/SMB2.jpg

AMiGAOS 3.2
https://i.ibb.co/JtGBfyg/OS3.jpg

Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 2023/1/24 9:28:54
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 2023/1/24 9:29:13
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM

Could you share your mountfile data (w/o sensible data) in pm?

I'm trying to figure out where the error lies

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Initially I had your problem too, salass00's Mountlist is also correct for Windows, the problem you encounter is only for sharing on Windows.

With Windows you can share one folder or all folders of the "Public" user.

On Windows what is important is to enable sharing (Network and Sharing Center).

I enclose my Mountlists:

Handler = L:smb2-handler
StackSize = 65536
Priority = 5
GlobVec = -1
Startup =

"smb://UserPC:password@192.168.x.x./Public"
or
"smb://UserPC:password@Name-PC/Public"

"smb://UserPC:password@192.168.x.x/Folder name to share"
or
"smb://UserPC:password@Name-PC/Folder name to share"

At Tooltypes Icon:
ACTIVATE=1

Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 2023/1/28 17:31:17
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I see the handler is maturing very fast.However i noticed that i cannot select a share using the backup tool from Daniel@onyxsoft on either source or destination ASL requesters.Tested from versions V53.2 up to the current 53.4 one.Cannot remember if it happened as well on V53.1

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ami603

Check back on comment #50. I've emailed the support email at Onyxsoft and did not get a reply. If you have a better way to reach Daniel, please do!

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you, will try again when i get back home

Strange thing is, I have a Linux based share which also don't work

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »