Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Viable way to capture debuglevel 20 using the debug kernel
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Does anyone have a good method of capturing the serial output?

The debug kernel plus debuglevel 20 is huge. When I use my classic machine with term 4.8, it takes a long time to get all that information. It takes a very long time to start the amiga and sometimes it just hangs.

Is there no way to dynamically change/switch the value of debuglevel and whether to write to the serial?

Wondering what anyone else is doing for dl 20 + debug kernel.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: Viable way to capture debuglevel 20 using the debug kernel
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

Basically nobody (except maybe the kernel devs) should use debuglevels that high, it's way out of the useful range.

I think they recommend 4 as the usual max level for normal debug Also remember that the debug level is for the kernel; there may be other modules and programs following it as well, but don't count on it. So only increase the debug level if you know you want specifically the kernel to tell you more.

Oh, and of course you have to use the debug kernel for that to be useful (but you probably are since you get so much output, just mentioning it for completeness).

As for changing the debuglevel after booting, you can do that with the KDebug command. Documentation is in SYS:Documentation/Kernel/Tools/

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post