Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 71

Lio, LiveForIt, nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post
« 1 (2)

Re: What's the latest PUBLIC newlib.library version?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@msteed

I just double checked - yes, I do see that the static and shared object libc was also updated!

I must have looked too quick and not realised.

So, all good!

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: What
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@msteed

Quote:
There actually are release notes. Try looking in SYS:Documentation/ReleaseNotes, which is where the installer puts them. If you don't have a directory by that name then the release notes are not installed. I think the standard location for release notes is SYS:Documentation/ReleaseInfo, so maybe that's the problem.
Actually, the normal procedure is that if SYS:Documentation/ReleaseNotes doesn't exist, it should be created. That seems to be a minor flaw in the AutoInstall script of Newlib. (But most other updates will do this, so it will almost always exist anyway ...).

As for SYS:Documentation/ReleaseInfo, it is obsolete. It used to be a directory where AmiUpdate put some short descriptions, but that idea was (AFAIK) abandoned. But this dir has never been the place for proper ReleaseNotes files.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Re: What
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
As for SYS:Documentation/ReleaseInfo, it is obsolete. It used to be a directory where AmiUpdate put some short descriptions, but that idea was (AFAIK) abandoned. But this dir has never been the place for proper ReleaseNotes files.

Good to know-- thanks! Since I install manually I never picked that up, and have continued to put release notes in ReleaseInfo. I'll just rename that directory to ReleaseNotes and I should be good.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, I just found out that an update to newlib was released in April this year (version 53.80) and realize that AmiUpdate didn't do this update for me.

I've had trouble logging into update.amigaos.net in the past. My password did not pass. So I was advised to check amiupdate.codebench.co.uk in AmiUpdate and it worked.

This is apparently no longer the case, at least as far as newlib is concerned. Have you noticed the same thing? Am I alone in this case?

Amiga 1200 2Mb Chip - Turbo 1230 MK3 40Mhz 32Mb Fast - CF 128Gb - Scandoubler Indivision MK3 - GOEX Drive - WiFi 802.11b - WB 3.2.1 - Star LC10 Printer
AmigaOne X5000 2Ghz / 8Gb Ram - SSD 2Tb - Radeon RX 560 4Gb - AmigaOS4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have problems on X1000 with new newlib from Amiupdate:

- libc.so v 53.80 + newlib.library.kmod v 53.80 crashed - i.e. breaks after loading cca 90% of kernel modules ( info from botton red stripe, have not serial debug )

- if I revert to older libc.so v.53.61 + newlib.libraty.kmod v 53.62 all works OK.

do you have any ideas?

AmigaOS: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)