Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Problem installing JAmiga 1.2?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It has been reported by JosDuchIt that installing JAmiga 1.2 to a drive (or drawer) with a space in the name, failed when unpacking vital classes.

This has now been fixed.

You can download the updated archive from os4depot.

This bug exists in JAmiga 1.2 archive downloaded from os4depot on or before the 5:th of january 2014, having Install script version 1.2.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report any irregularities (or why not, success stories) here on amigans.net.

Edited: Entire archive is now uploaded and approved on os4depot.

Edited by jaokim on 2014/1/5 19:39:00
Maintainer and developer for Jamiga2 - Java for Amiga
Go to top
Re: Problem installing JAmiga 1.2?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jaokim
Okay, so, I apparently can't do anything right. Now I missed the quotes surrounding disk name in the user-startup file.

That means JAmiga will work when freshly installed, but not when rebooted (if you have spaces in your drive name).

Either wait for new os4depot archive and install again (sigh!), or simply edit your s:user-startup.
If you have spaces in the JAmiga path, please add double quotes on your path, from something like:

;BEGIN JAmiga
assign JAmiga
Amiga OS 4:System/JAmiga
;END JAmiga

to:
;BEGIN JAmiga
assign JAmiga
"Amiga OS 4:System/JAmiga"
;END JAmiga

New archive in os4depot upload queue...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks Joakim.
I have not tried this yet, but as a simple user and a non coder what fun is there to be had for me?

Can you show or suggest a few things or programs that I might want to try?

Many thanks.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ddni
Well, to be honest, for an end user there might not be an awful lot to do with JAmiga currently.

I'm putting some hope into other Java developers in Amiga land to create some useful console applications (which could be controlled using ARexx for instance). I have my Twitter console client, which mostly serves as a proof-of-concept, and example of what can be done. I'm touching up some details there and plan to release it soonish, together with some more developer documentation.

But for now, end-user with no intention at developing stuff might as well stayaway from JAmiga. But I'm working on getting something useful to do.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jaokim

It's probably not easy to remember everything, but must say you have done a good and tidy job with the release. so I must say thank you for getting essential software to our amiga system. good work, keep it up :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jaokim

Thanks Jaokim.
I hope my question didn't seem ungrateful!
I look forward to future development.

Go to top

Register To Post