Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Is 3D difficult to achieve?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Day by day new 3D games or 3D movies appearing, making our entertainment more impressive with the new 3D system.

Just asking out of curiosity, as I never examine this item deeply, buying a 3D monitor and playing a 3D movie under AmigaOS (ok, Blu-Ray drivers come first, but let's say that we have them in the near future), will be enough to watch normally such a 3D movie, or there are some others situations to concern?

I don't know if these situations are for drivers purpose or something else, maybe a dev can help us here.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Re: Is 3D difficult to achieve?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

I think it depends on the format of the 3D movie.
For example, there's the side-by-side (SBS) format, partly used in broadcasting and popular in 3D-BluRay-Ripping, where you have the left eye in the left half of the video and the right eye in the right side.
This means you have only half x resolution for each eye but AFAIK all or most 3D TVs can show these movies without problems in 3D (I do not know about 3D capable monitors, but maybe not as I think there has to be the clever part in the graphics card).
So, as long as the hardware/software is capable of playing the video it can play 3D.

But I think the actual Amiga hardware doesn't have enough power to play BluRay or even real 3D BluRay movies.
Don't know about the X1000.

Ciao, Alfred

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@serpi

Every one else is using hardware decoding way not AmigaOS?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Because it's secret (you have to be part of the DRM cartel) and we're not a part of it.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Somewhere I have an old 3d Amiga game, was a vector style flying ship vs fying ship game. Used interlace and shutterglasses to achieve the 3d effect.

There was also some 3d games that used 3d video headsets, kindof a doom-like thing if I remember. THey were more arcade style rigs but ran on Amiga 3000's as I remember.

These were both out in the mid 1990's, as I saw them in college. Can't remember names of either at the moment, and don't know where to look for my game's box. All buried in storage somewhere.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I remember there was a "Space Spuds" (or similar) 3D game that came with the X-Specs 3D, but how many people had these shutter glasses?

I also remember playing two 3D games with red/blue anaglyph glasses.

I don't know about it, but I think modern 3D will be a driver issue. With side-by-side videos, though, we'd just have to all go walleyed or get things like the PokeScope 3D viewer to view them.

I think it would be nice to have a .MPO file datatype, though, with a configuration program to automatically display the MPO file in our favourite 3D viewing method (crossed eye, parallel, red/blue anaglyh, red/cyan anaglyph, etc...)

Go to top

Register To Post