Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Email Database
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

Let me start off with the legal crap, this is not endorsed by A-Eon, but I think its a good idea nonetheless.

---

It is important that if the X1000 is to be a success it must be marketed aggressively through amongst other things; email marketing. But who are they going to send it to exactly? Who are the key individuals in any company who make these decisions? Perhaps you can help.

Do you know individual people or companies themselves who once developed for the Amiga platform and would be interested in the X1000? Consider the web form below as a 'I would like to recommend' form.

Perhaps you can only give an info@softwarecompany.co.uk address, maybe helpful, maybe not, all the same I'd be interested to see what the Amiga community can do to contribute.

Maybe you have time on your hand to trawl through various game company or software application developer's website? Alternatively maybe you have access to a paid-for online business directory that shows the real decision-makers in given business industry categories?

Thoughts, opinions and contributions are welcome.

To join in go to:

www.uploads.beaverpromotions.co.uk/process/amiga/index.html

And enter as many as you wish!

---

Ps. So how did I manage to get this form to automatically add your submissions? Magic... nah, I started by creating the CGI script to handle the form and then wrote a dedicated Applescript that parses your entries, rebuilds the page and whacks it back on to the server. The applescript simples stays open on my work computer all day in the background.

Go to top
Re: Email Database
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Eg. here is a good resource point to start:

http://www.develop100.com/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I don't think that spam email is a good form of marketing. Collecting email addresses to send spam to sounds rather dubious. Even if it's not intended, publishing a large number of email addresses on one web page is a welcome opportunity for spam senders.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thomas

Hmm, perhaps I will keep the list invisible, but hey only amigas users come here so...

As for spam in general... if it wasn't for spam most businesses would be out of business. ^.^

I know if I had 10million (exaggerated to prove point) email addresses and I wanted to sell a credible product I'd want to tell the world about it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Okay changed it, emails aren't wrote to list, just stored locally.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@thomas
@djrikki

Another road would be to ask members of this forum which former authors they could reach and forward mails too.
A database "author - main apps or developments - can be reached by" giving the amigans.net user ID seems harmless.

I for one would be very happy if someone could get hold of the autjor of "scripit" "Final Calc" (from the deceased Softwood Inc)and other interesting stuff Khalid Aldoseri.

I used scripit a lot and it does not work anymore on OS4

The fish disks indexes are a great resource to harvest names of authors and their software.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@JosDuchIt

Anything is better than resting on our laurels. :)

Go to top
Anonymous
@djrikki

Good idea, but to be honest, I myself have so far tried tontacting nearly every ex Amiga related company that have devloped and continued to develop sw such as
Team 17 games, Real3D, Imagine, Photogenics, Dopus ... and even Matrox (a bit harshly) that once upon a time was promised to be the GFX card and driver supplier for Zicco specs, also
the Yellow Dog Linux that used to support the
A1 at one point (when SAM Flex appeared and courtcase was solved) and only aswer to the news of HW and AmigaOS development was that they do not consider having their products re-realised/developed.

Even begging just for fixed/improved last 68k version of software did not bring any fruit.

Seems Hyperion,Acube and A-EON would have to do it on theirself or via strategic partnerships.

I belive problems are unviable future of small community with expensive h/w (read: small market)
as well as probably not having acess to OS 4.1
and SAM/x1000 at all.

I believe Hyperion and Acube/A-EON will have to approach some people with offering free, discounted, developer boards and software in order to get something back.

Individual users just will not do the magic.

Maybe a list of desired software, last Amiga state and web sites would be helpful, but individual hits
will just get stupid corporate answers.

Last promised oS4 waporware was Directory Opus Magellan by Guru Meditation. It was said they purchased the licence, but never seen any development info.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

Sending out emails like this would probably do more harm than good and yield very few responses. Contacting people you know, inviting them to user group meetings and the like, is the way to go.

Ideally, approaching carefully chosen developers/companies with an offer of a free developer system and you might get some on board.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@vox

Maybe a list of desired software, last Amiga state and web sites would be helpful, but individual hits

---

What do you mean by 'last Amiga state'? Version number and feature list 'or lack there of'?

Go to top
Anonymous
@djrikki

Last Amiga state - last versions of software that was avail for Classic Amiga

Go to top

Register To Post