Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: SDL_Sound
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Why does SDL sounds work fine in SDLBasic? Is it the use of a different library or interface?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@phx

I've just uploaded here the libraries I compiled. I hope it will help and ... work !
The library supports libmodplug.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@corto

most of the sound formats you disabled should be possible to support?
i think most of the deps are on os4depot.
and you should upload your lib to os4depot as well. :)

here is a list of stuff that depends on sdl_sound btw, if anyone wants to port some stuff.

http://www.freshports.org/search.php? ... yupdown=asc&search=Search

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

corto wrote:
I've just uploaded here the libraries I compiled. I hope it will help and ... work !
The library supports libmodplug.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated! :)
I made a quick test and got it linking with vbcc.
So I can turn to more important tasks now.

But it would be nice when some group of programmers comes together to maintain all SDL libraries for OS4 (please understand that I cannot be one of them). Optimal would be when all SDL libraries are an integral part of OS4 (as the SDL base library already seems to be?) to cope with their importance for many OS4 ports.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

spotUP wrote:
what are you working on btw?

I do not want to reveil any details before I even started. But it's a port of a nice closed-source game.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@phx

Great ! I am happy to see that allows to make a step forward. I have no doubt you are preparing something great (as usual).

I understand you can't be part of the maintainers ... I could be interested in that. I have many other projects but there are so many programs that uses SDL libs that we need a good process to compile, test and provide these libs.
I asked the opinion to Xeron but I have no answer yet. I also discussed all that briefly with HunoPPC that did many ports and knows well SDL, problems, required enhancements, ...

In my opinion, we should have :
- A centralized website (the Google's one) with sources (SDLlibraries, the main one and others), bug tracker, ...
- A way to build and test these libs
- That could provide libs for OS and SDK updates
- These libs could be put on os4depot that is a well known path when you search for stuff

soptUP : The first step was to build the lib with major formats supported. I wanted to go fast in order to provide the lib to phx. To finish cleanly, I will have to support additionnal formats, write a readme, test with other programs (thanks for the link !) and upload it on os4depot.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@corto

I actually think we should have a google code project for each library, e.g.:

os4sdl
os4sdl_mixer
os4sdl_image

That way they all get their own bugtracker etc.

The projects would of course all have links to each other on the project homepages.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

SDL_Mixer is the main sound library most programs use. That includes sdlBasic.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

SDL_Mixer is the main sound library most programs use. That includes sdlBasic.

Very few SDL programs use the SDL_sound library. Most SDL programs either use SDL_mixer or use SDL directly for sound. This is probably also the reason why no one has bothered to port it to OS4 until now.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)