Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

white, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Email notifications
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I've added some email notifications to the bug tracker site

You must be logged in and have a validated account* to access them.

- Notification when a new issue is added to a software
- Notification when a comment has been posted to an issue on a software
- Notification when you have received a private message

You can reach these on the view software page and the view profile page.

Just be aware that the global email system isn't as reliable as it used to be so mails may get grey listed, filtered or whatever on the way to you.

*When you registered you were sent a verification email. If you never clicked the link in that mail you won't be able to use this and a long range of other features on OS4Depot.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Email notifications
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Thanks for this. I subsribed and will see how this works.

What would be nice is if we could see when a issues have been changed for a program like OWB. For example from open to fixed and closed etc. This is what is interesting for me. Getting info about all new issues opened is not so important for me as that would make you get more mails then you want. Maybe a way to have some sort of recent changes on the bugslist. That way i wouldnt need to get any mail notifications. Just check the page for recent changes. But maybe thats too much work. Just ideas

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Kicko

I'll see what I can do.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

While you're in there, the most useful way it could work for me would be if I could make it send me a mail whenever a comment is made to an issue I either opened or commented in myself, as well as when such an issue changes its status. That way I could be alerted when my further input might be expected, without being "bothered" by each and every comment made in other issues.

Well, maybe I'm just too spoiled by Bugzilla ...

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@all

Okey I've added a simple 'issue changed' subscription that will mail you if an issue is changed or if a comment is added to an issue. The previous functions were meant more for the software owners than end users so I hope the new function will be more geared for end users.

Remember though, the bug tracker isn't meant to rival BugZilla. But rather be a lightweight simple to use bug tracker. If you want it to work exactly like BugZilla then it's probably best to use Bugzilla in the first place :) I'm just one person with more Amiga projects that he can handle (amigans, all os4depot sites, openamiga, liquorice, snack, os4 beta tester, the Filer, aros archives etc etc) against BugZillas hordes of dedicated developers :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Thanks. Ill check this later. I can help you with betatesting os4 so you can take a beer or two instead of me :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Great, this is just what I needed! And it doesn't have to be more elaborate than this to satisfy me .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post