Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiDock question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
There is how my AmiDock part looks right now:

Resized Image

As you see, icons are different by size, and because of it, it looks a bit "bad". Have AmiDock any options, for making some "auto-resizing" or "auto-fitting" of icons, to make they all looks like "the same", or, i need to do manually/routine changes for all the icons to make it the same by size ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: AmiDock question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Since Update 1 included icon resizing for Workbench, it would be great IF it could have icon resizing for AmiDock too... Optional of course!

I guess the best way to do it would be for AmiDock to default to it's current behaviour (and "auto-resize" menu option would use icon's actual physical sizes). But stretching the height (of horizontal docks) would resize all icons to the given height. Currently we can only stretch the width (of horizontal docks), to make more space for new icons.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I don't think AmiDock can do "auto-resize".

You have (like me) icons from differing OS versions (never thought to say that ). We'll have to wait for the update reach us, so that we can use all the icons with the same size again.

Hopefully then AmiDock has the same feature to reduce the icon size by user option

edit: Beaten by ChrisH ... what a day

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Which gives me an idea: Since Workbench can now resize icons, it should be possible to resize all icons to the same size. And that would allow a "grid mode" for icon layout, ala Windows.

Hopefully the API for resizing an icon allows you to specify a specific width/height in pixels, rather than just specifying a relative magnification factor.... Then Workbench can just find the icon's largest dimension, and request that dimension be changed to some fixed size (and presumably the other dimension would be scaled proportionally).

The best API would probably allow you to specify the icon's new width AND height in floating-point values. Then you could have exact proportional scaling if you wanted, or anything else too.

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/1/1 13:21:13
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Still in mean, that Hyperion must to do that by the code of AmiDock :) From the coder side i know that adding auto-resizing to the AmiDock, when you have that already implemented in the OS pretty easy. It's a bit strange for me, that is not still ..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It would be nice if AmiDock had some sort of vertical alignment option, regardless of any scaling option.

An option to align the icons along the bottom edge would make things look a bit better.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gregthecanuck

I'm hoping this is part of The Upgate too...(I've got a horizontal and vertical dock that are misaligned by only a few large icons)

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@328gts
When GlowIcons appeared with OS 3.5/3.9 there was a standard size for icons which made icon alignment easy. However, when you move to much higher screen resolutions the OS 3.5/3.9 standard icons may seem too small for some people. I think Hyperion should set some size standards for various resolutions so that developers could include correctly sized icons with their applications.

Go to top

Register To Post