Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 93

Rigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
dnh3.3.2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Anyone feel like traveling to http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/ and trying to compile dnh3.3.2 for us?

Shell driven is fine

I gave it a quick go and decided I wasn't up for the task as of yet

nice disclaimer I know

I know we have some torrent clients already but they seemed to be banned on quite a few private sites and I need something that is supported...

thanks for any consideration

p.s. alot of transmission releases seem to be supported but it's for 1.04 up and the one available is only 1.0

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: dnh3.3.2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Slayer

As I understand it ctorrent_gui on OS4Depot should be based on this ctorrent code...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

You are totally right

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Yes I know that but obviously because it has been incorporated into a GUI and whatever else that has been perhaps modified the host servers don't recognise it as a legitimate version of X torrent client... Perhaps the proper version string isn't returned properly or at all in the merging of source and AmigaOS/programmers personal intentions...

hence my attempt to get something generic created so I can interface with said host servers...

I thought it would have been a given that I would have already tried the 3 different available clients and each one returns a banned outcome

And although warned not to do so in Transmissions case I tried to hex edit what I thought was the version string... to no avail

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Slayer

Damn I really hate those 'smart' people that are testing the remote app name and/or version to do "clever" things... Did you tried to contact the server's manager to ask for addition of your client or at least what he's testing maybe the author of ctorrent_gui would then agree to add a spoofing setting...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

I haven't no, that was going to be my last resort... ie, if a generic version of x client didn't work...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Slayer

there is ctorrent on OS4depot that is from the same source tree but
1) is older (v1.xx IIRC)
2) is only shell based

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Yes I know, that is why I am requesting dnh3.3.2 because it has to be 3.2 at least... so why not go for the latest

I've already tried the earlier version etc...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

You might then be interested to know that I'm currently porting aria2 (http://aria2.sourceforge.net/), which supports Bittorrent too. I already have an exe which downloads http links fine, but it has problems recognising torrent feeds, so it's still in debug phase.
I have previously tried porting rtorrent too (http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/), but I have found out that libtorrent, a library used by the client, uses a function which is missing from the latest SDK.

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:

Varthall wrote:
@Slayer

You might then be interested to know that I'm currently porting aria2 (http://aria2.sourceforge.net/), which supports Bittorrent too. I already have an exe which downloads http links fine, but it has problems recognising torrent feeds, so it's still in debug phase.
I have previously tried porting rtorrent too (http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/), but I have found out that libtorrent, a library used by the client, uses a function which is missing from the latest SDK.

Varthall

I am interested yes

I noticed an older thread regarding rtorrent on AW and pondered PMing you to see what had happened...

Can't you write the missing function?

i.e. add myfunction.o when linking?

This coming from a glorified cut and paste Mud Codebase compiler

I saw rtorrent and its relevant library on my google travels but thought that was probably bound to run into problems with my limited knowledge...

I remember with gcc3.4 and ixemul on 3.9 060 there was easier ways of doing things... I miss ixemul in some ways... guess I realise I really need to actually start programming properly...

what do you do as in ./configure blah blah or perhaps alter your specs file to enforce clib2 implementation... I recall we have discussed this before but can't remember the procedure or syntax...

newlib is almost there but not quite, I would have thought instead of implementing things in configure or linking in makefiles etc that having 2 specs files one for newlib and one for clib2 would have been a neater and error free way of providing this solution to everyone...

thanks for your interest

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:

Slayer wrote:
@Varthall
I am interested yes

I noticed an older thread regarding rtorrent on AW and pondered PMing you to see what had happened...

I have checked my PMs but haven't found any msg from you...

Quote:

Can't you write the missing function?
i.e. add myfunction.o when linking?

That would be the last solution I'd take. I prefer to follow the most simple solution first, in this case by finding another client which could be ported. In case I'd need to write a function I'd try to see if it hasn't been already written and included in the latest beta SDK, in that case it would make more sense to wait for the next SDK release.

Quote:

I remember with gcc3.4 and ixemul on 3.9 060 there was easier ways of doing things... I miss ixemul in some ways... guess I realise I really need to actually start programming properly...

OS4's SDK already handles most of what ixemul did handle.

Quote:

what do you do as in ./configure blah blah or perhaps alter your specs file to enforce clib2 implementation... I recall we have discussed this before but can't remember the procedure or syntax...

newlib is almost there but not quite, I would have thought instead of implementing things in configure or linking in makefiles etc that having 2 specs files one for newlib and one for clib2 would have been a neater and error free way of providing this solution to everyone...

Typically it's configure for newlib, then make, if I encounter a function which is missing from newlib but available for clib2 I recompile everything for the latter.

Varthall

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:
That would be the last solution I'd take. I prefer to follow the most simple solution first, in this case by finding another client which could be ported. In case I'd need to write a function I'd try to see if it hasn't been already written and included in the latest beta SDK, in that case it would make more sense to wait for the next SDK release.

So what function was it?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Now that I have checked, it is actually a struct, addrinfo:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... _id=28743&forum=15#490598

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer

There shouldn't be any change from the gui version to the original regarding version string of ctorrent. I can try to look into a spoofing. Not sure how that can be done,so if anyone has knowledge about this subject please share your brains.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

For spoofing, you have the -P option.
The most difficult will be to retrieve some valid peer-ids. I had some a long time ago when I used an older version of ctorrent.
By googling, I think we could find them.

And...
Do you find a way to implement writing and reading big files (>4 Gb) ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Please fix >4gb filesupport so i can test downloading some big files :D

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:

Varthall wrote:
@Slayer

I have checked my PMs but haven't found any msg from you...

Yes, by saying pondered, I am saying I had entertained the idea but decided I wouldn't bore you with my query.

Quote:

I'd generally agree but when the incentive is for yourself to accomplish 'said' task, your usual procedure sometimes gives way to extreme measures

Quote:

OS4's SDK already handles most of what ixemul did handle.

I guess I'm not really referring to the fundamentals but how straight forward it always seemed to be using a system you are used to using.

Quote:

Typically it's configure for newlib, then make, if I encounter a function which is missing from newlib but available for clib2 I recompile everything for the latter.

What I was trying to ask was how do you configure your projects so they use clib2 instead of newlib. Do you use paths or defines etc in your ./configure string or do you use a modified specs file (which I think should be the cleaner option?) or a mixture etc or possibly even something in the makefile after configuration.

Again, thanks for your interest

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Quote:

Antique wrote:
@Slayer

There shouldn't be any change from the gui version to the original regarding version string of ctorrent. I can try to look into a spoofing. Not sure how that can be done,so if anyone has knowledge about this subject please share your brains.

I would have thought that too. It's on TV-vault.org all I'm trying to do is download 'Land of the Giants' Season 1 and 2... LOL

I'd buy it like all my other series collections but I'm not happy about getting NTSC versions and still keep hoping they'll revisit it and do PAL and even Zone 4 one day.

Thanks for your consideration too, always nice to get some feedback on your troubles

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@yescop

I haven't touched ctorrent for a long time really. Might look into the big files again when i get the motivation.

@slayer

There is a -P and -A option that should be for spoofing,no idea how they work. But they've been removed from the gui version. Didn't know what they were for.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

ok. we will try and figure it out

Quote:

edit:

SORTED!!!

thanks for the DOS version!