Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 91

LiveForIt, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

external HDD for SAM & OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I need a new external hard disk, because my old TEAC 500 GB is broken.
Can anybody recommend an external HDD 250-500 GB that runs perfect with a SAM 400ep and OS4.1?

Heiko

Go to top
Re: external HDD for SAM & OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gurus2000
Hi

Using Usb? too slooowww :( Os4.1 only support Usb 1.1 :(

Best Regards
Pedro

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@virge

Yes, USB and yes I know that OS4.1 only supports 1.1 but I wanna invest in the future and need a external HDD for Backups. I need it for my Sam and Windows-PC too.
Has nobody a working external HDD on a SAM?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gurus2000

Last week I just bought a NAS in order to shut down the samba installation on my A1 to share documents with my girlfriend.
It's working great (both from A1 and Windows) and way quicker than an USB external HD.
I choosed this model from QNAP because it seemed more open (it seems possible to log into the embedded linux to install other things not provided...), it has web server capabilities, samba sharing, ftp server, Upnp A/V server, download manager are the features I'm currently using from it, but it also features ITunes server, remote replication, RAID-1 mirroring, printer sharing etc.

Up to now I'm happy with my purchase the only thing is that for now (I did not updated the firmware yet) I'm not totally able to log into the web based adminstration from OS4 the only (semi) capable browser that lets me in is IBrowse that came with OS4.1 (no OWB don't work at all just a "http://xxxxxxxxx failed to load" message, very strange)...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gurus2000

I have a Verbatim 160GB HD USB at my Sam.This HD is formated with Fat32 .So i can use it at my Sam and PC.
In L: you must install FAT95 on Amigaside
With PartitionMagic ,you can format Fat32 at PC side

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gurus2000

Have you considered buying an external hd enclosure with e-sata port and maybe an e-sata adaptor for the sam ?

Inside the enclosure you can put the sata hd you want and you'll get the best performance available.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommysammy

I have also tried to install FAT95 on my AmigaOne without success, I couldn't manage to make a working mountlist for my external USB. Btw you need to use an NSD patch to make FAT95 run.
Why are you using FAT95 instead of the system's CrossDOS? In my case I have seen that CrossDOS doesn't handle correctly partitions larger than 127 GB.
Anyway, I have also given up doing backups via USB since it's too slow, for now I'm using DVDs.

Varthall

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommysammy

Thank you very much. I hope you haven't any problem with it, because you don't wrote something about problems.

@murasame
It's a good idea. I will think about it.

@Varthall
I don't wanna use DVDs, because I wanna make backups every few days/weeks, only for important files or partitions and multimedia files, like songs, videos and so on.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gurus2000

No it work grea, but is not the fastest way.The speed is ok

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommysammy

OK. Thanks. The speed is no problem for me.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@murasame

Quote:

murasame wrote:
@gurus2000

Have you considered buying an external hd enclosure with e-sata port and maybe an e-sata adaptor for the sam ?

Do all the major players make these or are there a few names only?

In short, do you have any more information regarding these? I like the sound of it.

I remember a year or so back my son brought me a 300g notebook external, It wouldn't work on my then working A1 I guess because it was USB2.0.

I pulled it apart and discovered it was a SATA drive. A long story short, it works happily inside my SAM, the housing and USB interface has been biffed of course.

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post