Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 143

pjs, balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Help me,issues on my Amiga One
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@glames

OK so first to try is the heatsink/cooling fan and then if it fails a new memory module?

Where can I get a new and "stable" memory module for my Amiga One?

Can any recommend me first better a cooling fan?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: What's the correct mail adress of Hyperion?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

Yes there is one that pointed me weeks ago one user of Amiga World via e-mail that is called CUAZ.

But I prefer to ask here and then if I need it on CUAZ.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: What's the correct mail adress of Hyperion?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Quote:

redfox wrote:
@MamePPCA1

What user name do you use on AW ? I could not find you over there.

I was able to stop most of the freezes on my system by disabling compositing features in AmigaOS 4.1.

I use the following theme, which disables the compositing features and some other stuff.
Prefs/Presets/Default/1024x768 no hwaccel

There are similar themes for higher screen resolutions.

If you have only 256 MB of RAM, this may also be a problem. If you have lots of programs running and open a new window or try to move a window, it creates a low memory condition. The system tries to move stuff out of memory and over to the SWAP partition and causes a freeze for several minutes while this is happening. If you wait long enough the system should eventually come back to life. I don't know how to disable this feature. I usually re-boot if it takes too long.

---
redfox

On Amiga World I use the name "newlight".And the thread if you are looking for it,is called "Stability issues on my Amiga One".Take a look if you are interested into help me.

Well,the hardware compositing disabling I know it,because some months ago when I had constant freezes on my Amiga One I disabled and all goes better and more stable.
Now I have disabled it because I know that if running it,it could be dangerous for my AmigaOne.
I use a theme with no hardware accelerating on a maximum resolution of 1280x1024 with the boing ball with its red and white colours on the background.Is that right? I hope that yes.

And if it is a memory problem,I can reboot,but could it be that the SWAP memory could it be acting?.If so I will try to wait 5 minutes and see what happens.
On my experiences with the SWAP partition with MAME,I see the red light of my HD on when I wait to load some large MAME rom.
Must the light of the HD be on red when using the SWAP memory?

Ah! And pick in mind that my machine doesn't get out of memory when it freezes,because the Workbench says it has for example 160,000,000 bytes free.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

[b] Thanks really,I have to go for a heatsink/cooling fan. [b/]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11367727@N07/1287884906/
At least add on a backup fan system!
http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/CategorySecond_Pic.asp
I installed this because Quake2 would crash from heating up.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

On the first link I see the photo.

On the second link I end on the Zalman page but it doesn't show any specific cooler,maybe a bug on my PC.

Can you say me the name of the cooler?
If you give me the name I could search it.

A question to all is may I buy a new cooling fan or RAM module separately or both?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@To all

I take note of one thing.I was running memteter a few seconds ago and the CPU temp docky reaches 83? now 84?.

Could it be a RAM problem because it overheats the CPU?

The answer is in the air...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1
Memtester is a program which is very intense in its use of the CPU, as it is not slowed down by e.g. having to wait for any disk or network access. So it's probably only natural that it will make your CPU hotter.

You were asking what exactly a heatsink is. It is a metal structure, usually heavily ribbed on one side, which sits in close connection with the top surface of your CPU chip and leads the heat away from it, transferring it to the air via the cooling ribs. Normally you will combine it with a fan on top of it, so you get a quick flow of air along the ribs of the heatsink, in order to blow away as much heat as possible per time unit.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Thanks for your answer about the heatsink.I think now I understand better.

Could you or someone on this thread point me to the right heatsink&cooling fan combo for my Amiga One?

On AW the recommend me the Zalman VF900 and others.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Hello my friend, I already have the Sam440ep, I have proven the FPSE and the MAME, they work of marvel. I hope your problems are solved with your A1 and you can continue enjoying the one.
Te lo dije, Copa, Liga y Champions, visca el Bar?a.
Greetings

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fernecho

I hope you are enjoying with your SAM!I wish you good luck and I like you enjoy playing MAME and FPSE on SAM.
Do you say they play marvellous? If yes that's great!!!
I like to see people that enjoys MAME because for me is marvellous too!!!
And yes,Copa,Liga and Champions.

About my problem,I asked before,but can you recommend me a good heatsink/fan to buy on the net?

In 15 days maybe I will go for travel again and the Amiga One must be out of my hands,so be quick if you can.

Then I would probe it and maybe could play FPSE fantastically?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Good day,

I have put together an extensive list of heatsinks/fans for the AmigaOne XE over on Amigaworld.net.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... _id=28453&forum=33#483810

I personnally use the solution of a Zalman fan bracket with a passive heatsink on the CPU. It keeps a 7451 very cool even at 866MHz!

-The Phantom "?"

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@interrogative

I have took a look on the list and is the same that you gave me on AW.

Which of the list is compatible with the 750FX CPU my A1 has?

And where can I buy one heatsink/cooling fan of the list that is suitable for my Amiga One 750FX?

Tell me please where do you buyed your solution or where to buy a better one.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@interrogative

The mounting for the CPU modules, whether G3 or G4, should be that of a Northbridge/VGA mounting system. In other words, any of the coolers I listed on AW should work with your system. I bought a Zalman FB123, along with a 92mm fan, a Zalman NBF47, and an extra 80mm case fan from ZipZoomFly.com. It ended up being around $20 US. You may do a Google search for either online shops, or local places to purchase the Zalman items.

The mounting pegs for the NBF47 are adjustable (I used my old A1CPU cooling fan/heatsink as a template for adjusting the pegs). The pegs just snap into place on the CPU card. The NBF47 comes with its own thermal grease (some prefer artic silver paste, but Zalman recommends the thermal grease that comes with the heatsink).

Mounting the fan bracket is the easy part. It mounts on either the HDD cage, or the PCI card bracket area. The fans may be run in two modes, silent and fast. Even the fast setting runs quieter than the original A1XE CPU fan.

One more thought... before purchasing a new cooling solution, try underclocking your CPU. If the freezing/craching persists, it possibly could be another problem.

-The Phantom "?"

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@interrogative

How can I underclock my CPU?

Isn't better to go to a new cooling fan and end the theme at last?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I only suggested underclocking as a diagnostic. Most on this forum, including myself, suspect that your system is overheating. After all, you are reaching temperatures over 80 degrees. After checking Intuitionbase, I realized that there are no settings given for underclocking or overclocking the G3 CPU modules. In other words, ignore everything I said about underclocking as a diagnostic. I have misled you. I give you my apologies. Oops.

Go ahead and get yourself a cooling fan/heatsink.

-The Phantom "?"

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@interrogative

OK,I prefer to do this than the underclocking,a thing I do not know very well.

Can you recommend me a link to buy a heatsink with a cooling fan for example a Zalman VF900?

I don't know really what heatsinks or cooling fans are compatible with itselfs,so I need help.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

You may purchase the VF900. It is a good all-in-one cooler.

The closest store to Spain stocking Zalman products is Bacata in France.

http://www.bacata.net/?p=produits&fid=23
Tel: +34-93-267-37-36

Wave in Germany also stocks Zalman products.

http://www.wave-computer.de/html/index.html

There are plenty of links for places to shop at Zalman...

http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/WTB/Network.asp

http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/WTB/usa.asp

-The Phantom "?"

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Well, here you have a spanish WEB where you can buy the Zalman VF 900 fan that recommends you " interrogative ", I hope it is you of help.
A greeting.

http://www.alternate.es/html/productDetails.html?artno=JZZ%2341

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fernecho

Thanks to you and Interrogative.

Finally I found some shops that can I can buy a Zalman VF900.
I will do it on the following minutes on the spanish shop that is closest to me.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fernecho

Only one more question,on the category of the cooler it says Graphic Card.
Are you sure the Zalman VF900 is for the CPU or is it for graphic cards?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »