Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

white, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

3d Games with Software rendering
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have a gfx card that doesn't have supported 3d. Does anyone know which of the Quake games on os4depot.net support software rendering? Ideally I'd like to give Quake 1 and 2 a whirl.. but I dont want to track down/buy the discs just yet until I know what will work for me.

Go to top
Re: 3d Games with Software rendering
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@K-L

Quote:If you manage to find any GPL software using the Warp3D API, since Wazp3D is GPL you aren't allowed to use other software with it ...

No idea why it was made completely useless by using the GPL, instead of for example the LGPL which would have allowed to use existing Warp3D software with it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

Quote:
I have a gfx card that doesn't have supported 3d. Does anyone know which of the Quake games on os4depot.net support software rendering? Ideally I'd like to give Quake 1 and 2 a whirl.. but I dont want to track down/buy the discs just yet until I know what will work for me.
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... e&file=game/fps/quake.lha is software only, and it works with the demo files. You have to use the -forcewpa8 option when starting it.

The Hyperion games support software rendering as well and work, although with some problems, with the WarpOS emulation on OS4. You can test with the demo versions (Heretic II, FreeSpace, Shogo) if they are fast enough with software rendering for you.

Edited by joerg on 2008/5/9 2:41:34
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @jahc

...I'd like to give Quake 1 and 2 a whirl...

Wow, i installed Quake and Quake2 back in 2004! Quake 1 came from a Click!Boom CD and i downloaded the driver from Hyperion. Quake2, came from SoftHut -- PC CD and Hyperion CD. Both are nice games!

Go to top

Register To Post