Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Short presentation
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, everyone!

It's about time that I tell You a little about myself.

My name is Peter aka Student_K and now aka FihmpenRouk. I will return to this a bit later.

I've been using Amiga since long time. I started with an A1000 with an extra diskdrive and expansion memory of 256 kB in the front. The sofware was Kickstart and Workbench 1.1, which was steaming fresh at the time.

I think that the first program I got to my Amiga, was DeluxeMusic, InstantMusic and MarbleMadness but most of all I sat with AmigaBasic. I knew nobody who had an Amiga at that time. I was the only one in my neighbourhood. I was totally on my own. My friends used at the most C-64. When the A500 arrived, I saw more and more people who bought an Amiga.

Later I bought some other hardware to my A1000, an Golem RAM-box. At first I only equipped it with one Mb of RAM, since each chip was priced at around ?10 and I needed 32 chips for each MB.

Later I bought a soundsampler for some amazing price - I think it was more than ?200 and it was Future Sound.

Well, later I got a harddrive (43 MB) and an A.L.F.2-controller. It was made for A500, but I used it backwards on my A1000 without any problems. The Golem RAM-box was connected to the outside of the controller.

Some time after that I got myself an A500+, equipped it with a VXL-030 card with 2Mb RAM (it was expensive and I could just not afford 8 MB).

My economy was really bad and I couldn't afford that much hardware until 1997 when I bought me a new A1200 with a Blizzard 1260, 8 Mb RAM and 1.28 GB harddrive. After that the A1200 got into an Infinitiv tower, CD-rom, CV3D, SCSI-II HD 4.3 GB and SCSI scanner.

In 2002, I think, I got my first A400 (my first second hand computer) and equipped it with the best I could find for an A4000 - Mediator, Voodoo5 (but I think Voodoo3 3000 would have been a better choice - I didn't know that then), CSPPC060/604e/128Mb, Repulse sound card (24 bit), 100 Mbit ethernet (never faster than about 16 Mbit), and all the way SCSI.

Some more hardware not mentioned, but the outlines are here.

At the moment my A4k is broken. It's smthn with the CSPPC, probably the socket for the 68k, I soldered it at a glance some days ago, and it behaved different. I will try t solder it better some day.

I have allmost allways used my Amigas to learn stuff. Learn just about anything. I have allways been a dirty hacks guy, and never coded anything really important for others. I have played around in a few different languages, but actually mostly Basic, since it's easy to do small hacks with that language - in my opinion. Well, the programming has been rather inactive for some years now. I do some small stuff now and then, that's all.

Furthermore, I havn't been much on other boards than swedish ones. I'm not used to communicate Amiga in other languages than swedish and I'm here very much to observe and to learn what other countries talk about when they talk about their interests. I'm also not used to write in english. I listen and read quite some, though.

I've been active on swedish boards for about - a-ehm ... well, maybe since 1998 (I got internet in 1997 with my A1200 - swedish Algonet ruled at that time and was reasonably priced through the swedish magazine Amiga Info)) - Well, I started my forum activity at Amiga Info's board, called X-files. When that closed down I moved to Amiga Rulez, where I am a moderator since two years or somewhat more. I'm also visiting Safir (also a swedish board), where I am a member of staff more or less as some kind of consultant or something.

----

Last of all a little question about Amigans:
There are some evenlopes before each thread in the forums. The discriptions tell me that they should be different wether a thread contains new posts och no new posts. That feature doesn't seem to work for me. Is it only me or isn't it supposed to work atm? Will it? Please? :) It's very hard to find new posts otherwise. Or is there another good trick, but not to get spammed over the mail?

----

Ah, hey. An explanation of my nicks, as I promised. Yep, I call myself Student_K (or StudentK) on the swedish forums, but since I'm not that much of a student anymore I have come to start using FihmpenRouk as my new nickname. That name began when I registred at last.fm and is a name I used when I was a small kid playing with my friends in the sandbox. I thougt it was really cool and it sounded foreign and exciting. Well, it maybe doesn't sound that cool and exciting today, but for me it's a flashback of my childhood, so like it if you want, or not. ;)

edit: typos ...

Go to top
Re: Short presentation
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Okay, something else that's a little fishy. This thread doesn't appear among the recent ones. That's maybe a feature?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, Its a feature !!

You have posted it in "Free for All" forum.

Posts in this forum do not appear on the front page.

Welcome to amigans.net though. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Okay, that clears it up. :)

Thanks.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in