Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 37

AmigaPapst, bigmac, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

PayPal is supporting Planed Parethood.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
PayPal is supporting Planed Parethood. This people for who this is important. This will be important :).

I don't won't discus WHY?

More info:

http://www.fightpp.org/show.cfm?page= ... ion=displayProduct&PID=40

And I liked the paypal sooo much... but know "stone age" again...

Go to top
Re: PayPal is supporting Planed Parethood.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kreciu

The page given says that LDI is dropping PayPal and has Ebay (including PayPal) as a boycott target, but gives no direct information as to why. Can you independently confirm what you have said about PayPal?

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

think is a moral issue... :), abortion. And PayPal is donating PlanedParenthood which is the biggest proabortion organisation in USA... So I will be using PayPal again when they stop donating :).

Quote:

Billsey wrote:
@Kreciu

The page given says that LDI is dropping PayPal and has Ebay (including PayPal) as a boycott target, but gives no direct information as to why. Can you independently confirm what you have said about PayPal?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kreciu

That does not answer my question. I am against abortion, too. But my question was ?Can you independently confirm what you have said about Paypal??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Independently in sense other source? No... but I called PayPal and I was talking about an hour... about that and they didn't tell me that they don't support. They were very sorry that I'm going to use PayPal only in VERY special situations or even cancel...

So, you know if someone is without fault... will tell that... they didn't tell...

I have a lot of friends which order this list (check the website carefully for this kind of info, and google it, there is sooooo many websites Christian who trust this guys...

You can always call PayPal and ask :), talk to them that you are confused about that.

Consider that Ebay, PayPal, Skype is the same... :(...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kreciu

In other words, so far, it?s only hearsay.

I?d like to warn people about it, but without independent confirmation...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Hearsay... this organization is WORKING to find out about that thinks. If you go to web site you will see HOW they do this. Everything is checked.

Answer me that question:

If this is just hearsay, why some organizations are canceled from list when they officially stop supporting PlanedParenthood??

Why the PayPal didn't tell me, when I called them: NO, we DON'T support PlanedParenthood?? But they spend 1 hour talking that they fill sorry about losing so good costumer :).

You, DO NOT have to trust anybody, your choice. I can say that I do not trust you, when you say that you are against abortion... Prove me wrong. It's a trust in someone other work to... like in Amiga OS4 I wait for this 7 years... just a hearsay, maybe.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kreciu

Hearsay means that you hear and you say (you are repeating what you have heard without independent verification), but don't provide any independent corroborating evidence. That means that as far as another person can tell, it might not be true. Remember, the Bible calls for the testimony of two or three witnesses?not just one person repeating what they've been told. That is still only one witness. Give me more that I can independently verify. The page you gave does not give a specific reason for boycotting them, it just says to boycott them. Even using search engines I could find no independent corroboration of what you have said about Paypal. That is not sufficient cause for me to act. Just because one person says something bad about someone?no matter how intensely they might believe it?does not make that bad thing true.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

I called, I talked. They didn't say that they do not sponsor. The woman who I was spiking with talked to her manager who didn't say: No we don't support. Why?

Different "source" from people who disagree with LDI and their "list":

http://www.tamebay.com/2007/07/should ... nd-beliefs.html#more-1396

I will give some fragments here:

* In addition to matching employee donations and various grant programs, more than 13,000 nonprofit organizations in the U.S. and U.K use eBay Giving Works (or eBay for Charity) to raise funds. eBay Giving Works is eBay?s dedicated program for compassionate commerce on eBay. The program enables sellers to donate proceeds from their eBay listings directly to the causes they care about. eBay Giving Works also enables nonprofit organizations to raise funds directly through online charity auctions. Planned Parenthood is just one of more than 13,000 nonprofit organizations that use eBay Giving Works and to date the eBay Community has given more than $100 million dollars to a wide range of worthy causes.

If you call abortion charity and worthy cause, we don't have to talk about that. Creating possibility to kill someone, this is taking part in the murder.

So, now you have your TWO sources?? Or I should send you my name, address, size of, than you will "trust"?

Your search method are very poor...

God be with you,

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kreciu

There is nothing in that report stating that the corporate entity of eBay/Paypal corporately supports Planned Parenthood?as a corporation, through corporate donations?but only that they allow their employees and customers to support who they want to support.

Quote:
eBay Inc. and the eBay Foundation support a wide range of charitable-giving activities on behalf of eBay and PayPal employees. The eBay Foundation is dedicated to administering these programs with a democratic approach that ensures employees are empowered and enabled to truly champion the charities that matter most to them, including Planned Parenthood.

For me, the question is: Does ebay/Paypal support Planned Parenthood through corporate donations, or are they simply allowing their employees to support Planned Parenthood? It?s a difference between supporting infant murder themselves, and simply allowing their employees to support who their employees want to support. One cannot expect secular persons and/or organizations to exhibit Christian discernment because it is simply not in them to be able to do so.

One wonders how many Christian organizations are among the 13,000 501(c)(3)'s that utilize the eBay programs. Or aren?t you interested in that?

By the way, without the LDI claims there would have been no tamebay report, so it?s still the same source.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Yes, I agree that there is a difference, but the "source" which I gave you is against LDI itself. And the way how you don't trust LDI I don't trust the web teamebay.com, maybe they missed something? Simple.

And again, I see this difference. And I'm going to write to LDI about that too explain why PayPal is on the list.

Kreciu

Go to top

Register To Post