Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Trying to get a Radeon HD 7750 working in an AmigaOne XE
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Novabridge will not work because it need RadeonHD V5. And RadeonHD V5 is not available for the sam440.

Sailor said she wanted to try SAM460 RadeonHD v5 driver with SAM440. Both chips has the same core. I wonder what the result is....

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mr2Quote:
mr2 wrote:Novabridge will not work because it need RadeonHD V5. And RadeonHD V5 is not available for the sam440.

Sailor said she wanted to try SAM460 RadeonHD v5 driver with SAM440. Both chips has the same core. I wonder what the result is....

Sam440ep + RadeonHD v5 (Sam460ex version) not works.
It is not exact - it boots to system, but performace is not good an va.libraty not works, so it is useless.

And regarding NovaBridge - I suppose that it works with RadeonHD v3.7. I will test it also and let you know.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sailorQuote:
va.libraty not works, so it is useless.

This is the part I was interested in. As far as I remember NovaBridge should work with RHD 3.7....anyway, thanks for the info :) We both know that asking to release a special version for SAM440 is useless ;)

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Thanks for the valuable info.

And yes "I am the friend" in question. So if either me or or him use the expression "my friend" we are not using a common low security phrase to describe ourselves.

It's funny that I initially had my long post here then thought I should separate it. I might as well kept it here. Or posted it to the stuttering thread.

In research I've actually found a 5450 PCI card. Perhaps good also for the XE as it may be a good way to upgrade if it works. While useful for use on a PCI system it's limited in power these days.

So possibly any card from 4 to the 6 series would be good. But, despite being popular in the X1000 era, they lack support for 3d. I purchased an XFX 4890 for my X1000 back in the day which is a monster. But really was wasted on my system if it wasn't used for 3d, which wasn't popularised on OS4 like it is now, and I didn't use it for any Linux 3d gaming either.

What's confusing is the cards work in UBoot which gives the impression it has enough power. So would this mean it only used low power in basic VGA modes? And for opening a real screenmode in 32 bit HD it needs more power to do so?

On the subject of the PEX8111/PEX8112 are there any HD cards that do work on this chipset? Mind you that means getting into the high end one you widen it from HD 7xxx to R9. It would be rather disappointing if the driver was holding it back and preventing the PEX8111/PEX8112 from working if it could. That would mean possibly working hardware rendered useless by a driver quirk.

The common example for the PI7C9X111SL chipset is the StarTech card. Unfortunately this means another expensive add on is needed. Of course this is the result of using legacy technology in PCI. It's getting closer to a Classic Amiga at this stage, with the PCI add ons, where you needed expensive PCI bridges just to add an old or cheap PCI card.

It also looks "inferior" to the PEX based one as it only has 1x lane where as the PEX one has full 16x lanes. So you pay more for less. Neither one has a power input necessary to fulfil the PCIe power standard.

BTW I did find a PCIe power injector. Looks expensive. Riser card may be better as it's common and cheap to get. Plus if it can only work with 1x PCIe bridge no point with a full slot. Otherwise a possible PCI power injector may have solved that as well. That less likely to exist.

https://quarch.com/products/gen3-pcie-power-injection-fixture/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

Quote:
BTW I did find a PCIe power injector.

What I meant with power injector is the cheap risers used for crypto mining. He already bought that one. It's a PCIe x1 to PCIx16 solution with a USB cable in between. The power is injected to the x16 slot by means of a 6-pins PCIe power cable, 4 pins molex cable or a SATA cable

Quote:
What's confusing is the cards work in UBoot which gives the impression it has enough power. So would this mean it only used low power in basic VGA modes? And for opening a real screenmode in 32 bit HD it needs more power to do so?

Afaik, HD7000 don't even show u-boot output without the riser/power injector described above

Quote:
On the subject of the PEX8111/PEX8112 are there any HD cards that do work on this chipset?

Sure, his HD 5450 work with it. Just no HD 7000 series work with those PEX8111/PEX8112 bridge/adapters

Quote:
It also looks "inferior" to the PEX based one as it only has 1x lane where as the PEX one has full 16x lanes.

Looks can be deceiving They are both 33/66MHz PCI to single lane PCIe 1 bridge chips. So there's only one lane connected in your x16 slot.

Quote:
The common example for the PI7C9X111SL chipset is the StarTech card. Unfortunately this means another expensive add on is needed.

Yes, the Startech one is the only one that I could find as well. But they already start from ~EUR 37 on Amazon.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
What I meant with power injector is the cheap risers used for crypto mining. He already bought that one. It's a PCIe x1 to PCIx16 solution with a USB cable in between. The power is injected to the x16 slot by means of a 6-pins PCIe power cable, 4 pins molex cable or a SATA cable

Yes, I know what you meant there, I was just wondering if there was a neat solution to supplying power to bridge cards. The riser solution ends up being like a hack as the video card needs to then sit loosely in the case. Which is somewhat worse that lacking a long threaded screw to hold it in a PCI bracket.

Quote:
Afaik, HD7000 don't even show u-boot output without the riser/power injector described above

Unfortunately I didn't take any notes when testing hardware. I tested both R7 240 and HD 7770 in bridge card as well as in powered riser. With and without power in riser.

Quote:
Sure, his HD 5450 work with it. Just no HD 7000 series work with those PEX8111/PEX8112 bridge/adapters

Given the performance difference and lack of 3d support under HD 7000 cards not much point then.

Quote:
They are both 33/66MHz PCI to single lane PCIe 1 bridge chips. So there's only one lane connected in your x16 slot.

Well that's typical. Then the 1x board going into the 1x socket from a USB cable would suit it then. I suppose that's neat.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Any chance there is a RAIL adapter version that instead of having a tiny adapter at the end of that usb cable, it has the full length pcie?

Was just curious.

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hypex

AFAIR r = recall,

When you were testing it on your xe1, did'nt none of them work not even showing up Ubooot?

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)