Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 95

LiveForIt, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 17 »
Re: Filer, from OpenAmiga.org
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

"Toggle menu option is great too, but I noticed that the Clear selection option only works if you have "persistant selection" disabled in prefs."

Hmmf, it's annoying how badly written the listbrowser class is. All tags should work the same as much as possible regardless of which mode it is in to reduce the need for a developer to write tons of different ways of doing the same things. Ohh well, guess I'll have to make yet another workaround, thanks for reporting.

"Thanks for bytes file size too. A thousands seperator (comma or locale equivalent) would be nice to aide readability."

Added to task list.

"The option is there but it doesn't seem to do anything...."

Very odd, what locale are you using? what date settings? Could you post a snapshot before and after changing the setting? It works fine here on 4.1 A1 XE and in a 4.0 A1 Micro setup, which OS 4.x variant are you using?

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Looks like a great update. Many thanks for addressing several of my wishes. First impressions:

* EDIT: removed problem that was my fault.

* All file sizes as bytes makes comparisons much easier . I can think of a couple of minor improvements, but it works great as is: 1. Get rid of the superfluous "B". 2. Commas to separate thousands might be nice, although I managed fine without that in DOpus 5.

* Toggling the selected items works nice. But might be nice if pattern selection did not clear the previous selection? I think that was how DOpus5 worked.

* The "Show seconds" option appears to be ignored?

* Shift for Copy/Move (As) is very nice - thanks!!!

* Duplicate button is also very nice, but I wonder if it could be replaced by just Shift clicking Rename? Kind of logical, and at least how I did it in DOpus 5.

* I didn't notice "Set protection" menu item before. VERY useful for files without icons :)

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/5/26 9:55:43
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@origin
Little update to my previous post:

I think will be better if cursor when you navigate by keyaboard will be stay at the same directory, in which you enter and after leave. I mean for example i have 100 directoryes, then scroll to 99st directory, enter to it. do somethink what i need, then exit from, and i am at the top of dirs (but better stay again on 99).

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

"* First time I tried to start Filer (without rebooting), by double clicking the desktop, I got a requester complaining about "work:" not existing. Cancelling this prevented the filer from opening, but the second time I tried there was no requester. Attempting to open subsequent listers showed that "work:" requester again :( Seems to be a problem in Filer, not FilerCX."

Seems odd, the only place "work:" is used is in the example tooltypes of FilerCX. Are you sure that you haven't just forgotten to change it?

"1. Get rid of the superfluous "B""

Added to task list

"* Toggling the selected items works nice. But might be nice if pattern selection did not clear the previous selection? I think that was how DOpus5 worked."

Perhaps a second button (additive) on the pattern dialog or shift+pattern button to add the selection to the current?

"* The "Show seconds" option appears to be ignored?"

I'll have to check that, I suspect that it might be a locale setting in sys:prefs/ which makes it disappear in struct DateStamp -> dat_StrTime. Please check this if you can.

"* Duplicate button is also very nice, but I wonder if it could be replaced by just Shift clicking Rename? Kind of logical, and at least how I did it in DOpus 5."

Doesn't seem logical to me :) It's more related to "copy as" than rename. Perhaps you'll get used to it after a while?

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

I've added some of you stuff to the task list

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

"Toggle menu option is great too, but I noticed that the Clear selection option only works if you have "persistant selection" disabled in prefs."

Try the binaries here: http://orgin.biz/~orgin/filer

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

That binary worked fine as regards the clear selection option. But the column widths don't auto resize to fit the date and protection bits.

Also I can confirm that deslecting local date string in prefrences allows the display of seconds.

My locale / language is english-british_ISO-8859-15 as the prefered language, english as second.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
great work orgin!!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

"That binary worked fine as regards the clear selection option."

Good.

"But the column widths don't auto resize to fit the date and protection bits."

As expected, just experimenting a bit ;)

"Also I can confirm that deslecting local date string in prefrences allows the display of seconds. My locale / language is english-british_ISO-8859-15 as the prefered language, english as second."

Okey, odd that it isn't returned for all locale settings, I also have english-british_ISO-8859-15 set and the seconds value is returned here. Guess I'll have to do my own second digits. Problem is that some locales might not use "." as a separator and there's no way for me to detect which character to use.

Edited by orgin on 2009/5/26 5:34:00

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Binaries with seconds added regardless of system locale:

http://orgin.biz/~orgin/filer/

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin Quote:
Seems odd, the only place "work:" is used is in the example tooltypes of FilerCX. Are you sure that you haven't just forgotten to change it?

OK, yes, my fault there. I was thinking that Filer didn't have any tooltypes that needed updating. Tis a pain for OWB (wrong place to store prefs IMHO), but at least for Filer it is no problem as I just need to update the Sys:WbStartup/FilerCX executable but not icon.

Quote:
Perhaps a ... shift+pattern button to add the selection to the current?

Sounds like a good idea. I don't like adding extra buttons.

Quote:
Doesn't seem logical to me :) It's more related to "copy as" than rename. Perhaps you'll get used to it after a while?

It's not a problem of getting *used* to it, so much as having too many damn buttons . At the moment the number of Filer buttons I have is managable, but I can see it exploding if one is not careful.

OK, I can see it might not seem so logical. My line of thought was that Rename's target folder is the same as the source folder, so shift is simply causing a copy rather than a rename (still with destination=source).

Quote:
Binaries with seconds added regardless of system locale:

Yes, works here. Only minor quibble is that mins/secs separator is a "." instead of a ":", as you expected. Could you copy the hour/mins separator?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@origin
one more suggestion (yes, i know that is many already:) ):

will be in interest add one more tab to the configure programm, which mean "condif users keys". It's not so hard i belive, but will be very usable. I.e. it will allow users to choice what to do by which key. At moment i found that it's only possible to do by the creating more user buttons (so, it mean mouse usage). But will be cool to have somethink like configurable keys (which will mean all of your already defined keys (like shift + blaba, insert, etc) and other ones (for spawning text editor, hex editor, and so on) ).

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

"OK, yes, my fault there. I was thinking that Filer didn't have any tooltypes that needed updating. Tis a pain for OWB (wrong place to store prefs IMHO), but at least for Filer it is no problem as I just need to update the Sys:WbStartup/FilerCX executable but not icon."

Well strictly speaking it's not the Filer that has the tooltype, just the launcher. Having a separate preferences file for the launcher seemed a bit overkill. Next time don't overwrite the icon :)

"Yes, works here. Only minor quibble is that mins/secs separator is a "." instead of a ":", as you expected. Could you copy the hour/mins separator?"

Sure, until people with "hh:mm.ss" notation starts to complain ;)

Would be nice to find out what makes IDOS->DateToStr() not add the seconds on some setups. Perhaps there's a system setting for it somewhere. If there is then I could simply delegate the preferences for it to that system setting instead of having special handling for it in the Filer.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

"It's not so hard i belive"

Think again ;)

I'm keeping it in mind, just don't expect it to be added any time soon. I really want to focus on the actual application rather than focus all my time on all these personal options... it's not like people have all these options in any other OS application, yet they don't drown Hyperion with such requests (Or so I would guess).

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

No probs :) Filer already good app for everyday usage. But i think you already very closed to add all users reques, becouse it's can't continue always :)

btw, will Hyperion include Filer as default application to upcoming release of os ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
btw, will Hyperion include Filer as default application to upcoming release of os ?

That's the point of the openamiga.org project. But I believe the final say is Hyperion's.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

"btw, will Hyperion include Filer as default application to upcoming release of os ?"

That's up to Hyperion. The application will be offered to them once it's mature enough with full access to the source.

And the more bugs that can be found and corrected the faster it'll go :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

"Yes, works here. Only minor quibble is that mins/secs separator is a "." instead of a ":", as you expected. Could you copy the hour/mins separator?"

Sure, until people with "hh:mm.ss" notation starts to complain ;)

Here are the date and time formats from my system.

locale->loc_DateTimeFormat %A %e %B %Y %H:%M
locale->loc_DateFormat %A %e %B %Y
locale->loc_TimeFormat %H:%M:%S
locale->loc_ShortDateTimeFormat %d/%m/%Y %H:%M
locale->loc_ShortDateFormat %d/%m/%Y
locale->loc_ShortTimeFormat %H:%M

obtained with

if(locale = ILocale->OpenLocale(NULL));
{
printf("locale->loc_DateTimeFormat %s\n",locale->loc_DateTimeFormat);
printf("locale->loc_DateFormat %s\n",locale->loc_DateFormat);
printf("locale->loc_TimeFormat %s\n",locale->loc_TimeFormat);
printf("locale->loc_ShortDateTimeFormat %s\n",locale->loc_ShortDateTimeFormat);
printf("locale->loc_ShortDateFormat %s\n",locale->loc_ShortDateFormat);
printf("locale->loc_ShortTimeFormat %s\n",locale->loc_ShortTimeFormat);

localeinfo.li_ILocale=ILocale;
localeinfo.li_Catalog=ILocale->OpenCatalogA(NULL,"diary.catalog",NULL);
}

BTW when I select locale in date string it displays in ShortDateTime formate based on the above.

The ideal (for me) would be ShortDateForat followed by TimeFormat. ie a combination of the two.

I much prefer the look of the locale date format over the other options available, but seconds are the more important bit of info.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

When trying to rename or such it shows a window/requester.
If i then try to use WB menus or another menu it delays a few seconds until such menu is open/showed.

And if it opens the output window/shell it stays forever unitl you close it, could such windows be automatically be closed when command is finished?

BYE & THX

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@anyone

Anyone got an example on how to use the ILocale->FormatDate() function? The "genius" that thought having the "formatting hook" argument is a good idea needs to be put down and buried.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 17 »