Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 16 »
Re: USB Printers & OS4.1 on Samflex
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rwo

Man, it's great you uploaded the driver! I haven't tried it yet, but I'll report my experience after I do. Now, what would motivate you other than our comments? I think there's little doubt that a bounty would be worthwhile for this cause! Or maybe if anyone can freely donate whatever he wishes, I know I want to. Do you have a paypal account ppl could donate for the cause?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Ohh my, that is much worse than I expected.. I can print both text and graphics on my printer.

Chris could you tell me what printer you use.

328gts just too make sure, you have set the printer to PostScript in Printer Preferences?

Vulture I hope it work for you :) If you really want to donat anything to (you don't have to) you can find me on http://amifund.net/

I'll better make a debug version that you can send me back i'll try and do that today.

Thanks for testing

“The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.”
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rwo

yes I did try Postscript with same results...your test printer is basically the same as mine (if i remember correctly) so is it possible there is another setting I am missing??
can you list all the setting syou have used during your testing for comparisonsake..
thanks again!

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vulture

hey good job! it took 142 posts of asking rwo to accept a bounty or donations and after your post he finally responded

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@rwo

It's an HP LaserJet 1015 (very similar to 328gts' - in fact, it's the next model up)

@328gts

You do realise the LJ1012 is a PCL printer and doesn't support PostScript? Actually, I don't think the 1012 fully supports PCL either, as that's one of the reasons I went for the 1015 - it should support it enough to work most of the time though, according to Linux reports I researched back when I bought my 1015.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

no I did not know that 101x was PCL printer

I just checked my own (HP LaserJet 1200) it has installed PCL and PCLXL as Optional extras, but it can handle PostScript.

with a PCL printer its only AmiPDF that can print Graphics under OS4.

RWO

“The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.”
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rwo

I uploaded another version, this one creates a log file in ram: please send that to ac@rebels.com.

RWO

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rwo

ahh good news! in the mean time I tried using the generic option in prefs instaed of postscript and I actually got the first line only of the document to print so some success ast least with the HP LaserJet 1012 for now...will await your upload

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@rwo

Quote:
with a PCL printer its only AmiPDF that can print Graphics under OS4.

Why does it work with a parallel cable to the same printer then?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

AmigaOS4's printer System do no have a PCL driver, only plain and PostScript.

AmiPDF has its own PCL driver build in, so that is able to send PCL data.

I have no idea about youre printer.

btw thanks for the for the log now I can see whats is going on.. youre printer works a little diffrent than mine.

RWO

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rwo

with the latest update i get immediate GURU & complete system lockup using both AmiPDF & DOpus with my HP LaserJet 1012

i tried numerous times with the same result so I unfortunately can't even get a log report for now

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

hmmm I can't say why it would do that.

But lets see whats happens when I make some improvements, if it still crashes i'll have to figure it out.

RWO

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rwo

Great news! (you have PM)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rwo

"AmigaOS4's printer System do no have a PCL driver, only plain and PostScript.
AmiPDF has its own PCL driver build in, so that is able to send PCL data.
"

Hurgh? No PCL? I use the LaserJet driver and netprinter.device here - what does the Laserjet/Deskjet driver do? Not PCL? If it's not PCL, why does my LaserJet understand the data and print them? (I mean not only plain text, but full graphics stuff).

Very confusing...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rwo
Quote:

AmigaOS4's printer System do no have a PCL driver

That is wrong. It has many (old) PCL drivers, even the printer driver example in the SDK is for a PCL printer.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ZeroG

Okay I dident know that, always thourgth they used some kind of custom format.

But when I go into Printer Prefs I only got the choice too select File, Generic and Post Script.. so no default PCL driver.

I have a PCL 10 Brother Printer and I have offen wondered if I should Rip the PCL driver in AmiPDF and make a Amiga Driver out of it.

For then every Amiga Program can print graphics.

but never got around too that.

RWO

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rwo

I don't know if this is expected but I thought that I should let you know that it didn't work here either with a hp laserjet 1010, I got crashes from notepad and amipdf.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@hotrod

thanks, I need to reorganize how the driver works before printing can occure.

About the crash not sure why that happens, still looking into it.

I don't need anymore reports or logs. Thanks for those I got so far.

RWO

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rwo
While my HP Laserjet 6 works fine with the standard OS4 printer drivers, it would certainly be awesome if I could get a modern printer eventually & know that it will work with OS4.

Quote:
I'm sorry to say that I have a hard time finding the motivation for to debug and fix any outstanding bugs in this driver.

Maybe take a month or more break from it, and do something completely different? I don't think there is any *hurry* for this driver, as long as it gets done eventually.

Worst thing to do would be to get competely "burnt out" programming the printer driver, and then never want to touch it again or ever get around to finishing it.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rwo

The PCL drivers are hidden in the LaserJet series drivers. LaserJet3 is fine for most PCL driven printers (I used it much with a Kyocera FS-810 until I got my LaserJet4M/Plus with Postscript ).

Theres an old driver example for PCL drivers for a start, too (LaserJet, OS3.x SDKs).

Regards

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 16 »