Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Fixed: OS4.1FE AmiUdpate failing to download MUI-4.0-2015R1 Update
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK I have installed OS4.1fe Classic under WinUAE for now have network support up and running.

Other updates have downloaded and installed with out problems but for some reason I cant get it to download the MUI update, so is this a know problem or have I some how messed up my OS4.1 install already?

On a positive note so far OS41.FE running under emulation on my MS Surface Pro 2 is looking at lest as usable as OS4.0 (the last version I tried of OS4 on a classic amiga) was on my Classic BlizzardPPC060/200 tower system.

So it would be nice to get the MUI update issue resolved so I can try installing my copy of Hollywood 5 and Hollywood Designer 4 to see if they are usable under WinUAE and OS4.1FE.

Edited by Dwyloc on 2015/2/26 19:09:31
Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Re: OS4.1FE AmiUdpate failing to download MUI-4.0-2015R1 Update
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Dwyloc
As you are using amiupdate then have you put in the login details for the hyperion server because if you dont it will still download third party files but not the OS updates.
It should ask for the login details if you have not already done it which are the same as login to the hyperion website.

A1200 060/ppc Grex/Voodoo
OS 3.9

A1 G4/1Ghz born again thanks to Acube Systems.
OS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cap

May be it is a problem with the "provider", I mean Mui.de.
I cannot download nightly builds and stable version from this site since this week-end.

Since a lot of months without an amiga to love, I was lost.
Now I feel happiness again with a Sam Flex 800 .
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Dwyloc

I had the same problem that the wanted file couldn't be found from the server. Download and install it manually.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Cap

Quote:
As you are using amiupdate then have you put in the login details for the hyperion server because if you dont it will still download third party files but not the OS updates.
MUI is no longer served from Hyperions update server, but directly from muidev.de. So it should not depend on the Hyperion login.

I saw the same problem the other night, although I had updated one of my other machines the previous night with no problems.

Perhaps the file has been moved on the muidev server, and they forgot to modify the AmiUpdate database accordingly?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cap
I have already entered my details, its always possible I miss typed them.

Is there any way to check the login details being used as I cant find them listed in the AmiUpdate settings?

@TSK

I have tried going the muidev.de website, but I cant get any of the download links on the website to work, so it could be that downloading from that site is currently broken so that's why the update is failing.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK it looks like it was a server problem as the issue has now resolved its self without me needing to make any changes.

Go to top

Register To Post