Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

imagodespira, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
Resolving issues
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@severin
I completed the code to fix your pattern issue and fontname size issue. However, the dopus5.org site is down and I'm waiting for it to be fixed so I can get a readout on the success of compiles for platforms other that OS4 & OS3. I'm currently looking at your "path resolution" issue. The only place I've found a problem with paths being resolved to a volume is "Environment/Path List." Is there anywhere else in the config where there is a path resolution is a problem?

@tekmage
I can't reproduce your reported "System crash when changing from action to icon action". I don't see any item called "action". I did test changing a XAD lister from "Name" mode to "Icon action" and I don't get a crash; just an empty lister which is to be expected. The XAD reader doesn't extract the files in an archive. It just reads the contents from the archive header and can't show icons that don't exist as files. Are you using the latest overnight compile from Dopus5.org? (From before it disappeared)

Go to top
Re: Resolving issues
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Excellent work!!

I think it's only the environment/path list that causes the problem.

Can't access sourceforge at the moment as I've lost the password and yahoo email no longer works on os4 to recover it.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
I almost fix dopus5.org troubles, hope at begining of next week all will be sorted

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Thanks. I broke the compiles for other platforms with my last commit but was able to fix the problem as soon as I saw the overnight compile failures. I don't want to leave the repository in a broken state for any platform.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
I buy new server already, and almost finish to setup all cross-compilers, currently done with aos4, mos and arm-aros ones, working on os3 and i386-aros ones. Hope in next few days all will be as before.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
No problem. I hope you've gotten some donations to cover your expenses. It's to cold here to be outside here, so I've been trying to fix a few things in Dopus4 for one of the OS4 devs.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
I see the dopus5.org site is back up. You might want to rethink the title for the overnight compiles though. The title "Latest Nightly Unstable Builds" makes it sound like the overnight compiles are guaranteed to be unstable.
I think "Latest Nightly Debug Builds" or "Latest Nightly Beta Builds" would be better. The overnight builds are usually stable.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
Quote:

I think "Latest Nightly Debug Builds" or "Latest Nightly Beta Builds" would be better. The overnight builds are usually stable.

Done.

Currently i fixing aros-specific moments: i use old cross compiler for arm, but forced to use new one for i386, and, it have some things changes, so i need a bit adapt code in libinit of library/modules in aros part to make all compiles. Probably today will do so.

Then will make os3 cross-compiler as well (hope tomorrow).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
O.K. Take your time.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
I fix one error for newer i386-aros compiler, but there is another ("U __INIT__symbol_set_handler_missing" on linking stage of library) which probably we can leave to aros devs (i made topic about on aros-exec, so there we can wait for aros devs).

Also today done with os3 crosscompiler and rebuild latest svn, so all beta-releases now on dopus5.org.

Through os3 build need to be tested as there can be some mess, but at least i fix libnix, libpools, add necesary includes/libs from our repo,etc. Probably all will be fine, but need to test in case i miss something.

edit: i386 build of aros fixed as well (commit 1070) with help of deadwood, so now dopus5 compiles for all platforms again.

Edited by kas1e on 2015/1/21 20:08:37
Edited by kas1e on 2015/1/21 20:08:59
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Check the compiler listings at dopus5.org. All the compiler output text (except for OS3) has strange symbols. The compiler warnings are full of the characters †for some reason. Maybe it's a locale issue.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The next overnight compile changes the format of config files. Everyone should play it safe and backup your files in Dopus5/Environment and Dopus5/Buttons.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The patern matching is working great thank you!

The only problem I've found so far is that I lost my FTP_sites, the file is backed up but not much use.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
The Environment settings are backed up when Dopus5 starts. The settings in the Buttons directory are backed up when saved. If you have a seperate button bank for FTP, thats the only FTP setting that should be affected by the latest Dopus5 changes. Are the FTP sites missing when you start Dopus5? Are they still missing if you enter new ones, save the FTP config, quit dopus5 and restart it?

You can't mix the new binaries with old ones. You need to use new modules, library and program.

Edited by xenic on 2015/1/23 16:03:29
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

The file is dopus5/system/ftp_sites. The old backed up file is 31,792 which when it fails to load is replaced with a new one thet is 7,542 and looks like a default file.

Resized Image

New file contents:

Resized Image

trying to open the backup file gives:

Resized Image

Quote:
You can't mix the new binaries with old ones. You need to use new modules, library and program.

I use an update script that backs up and updates the modules and updates c, library & program:

.bra {
ket }
key filename

Echo "Checking for existing Dopus5 in ram:... " noline
if exists "ram:Dopus5"

Echo Existing copy of Dopus5 found in ram:
  Echo 
Please remove it before running this script.

quit 
endif
Echo 
"Nothing found."

Echo "Extracting {filename}... " noline
lha x 
"{filename}" ram: >nil:

Echo 
Done.

Echo 
"Copying C... " noline
copy 
"ram:dopus5/c/" to "dopus5:c/" all force quiet
Echo Done.

Echo 
"Copying Libs... " noline
copy 
"ram:dopus5/libs/" to "dopus5:libs/" all force quiet
Echo Done.

Echo 
"Copying Dopus5 exe... " noline
copy 
"ram:dopus5/DirectoryOpus" to "dopus5:" force quiet
Echo Done.

Echo 
"Copying Modules... " noline
if exists "Dopus5:Modules.old"

Delete "Dopus5:Modules.old" all force quiet
endif
Makedir Dopus5:Modules.temp
copy 
"ram:dopus5/Modules/" to "dopus5:Modules.temp/" all quiet
rename Dopus5
:modules as dopus5:Modules.old
rename Dopus5
:modules.temp as Dopus5:Modules
Echo Done.

Echo 
rebooting...
wait 1
reboot fast

Edited by Severin on 2015/1/23 17:13:59
Edited by Severin on 2015/1/23 17:19:43
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
It looks like it should work for you. My FTP addressbook is much smaller than yours and I don't run Dopus5 as WorkBench replacement. I'm also testing with OS4.1FE. I think I'll need your FTP addressbook for testing. I'll PM you with an email address where you can send it attached to an email (preferably in an lha archive so I can be sure it doesn't get corrupted in transit).

In addition, could you test the new Dopus5 by starting it after booting instead of as WB replacement and see if your ftp addressbook works then?

EDIT: I just PM'd you.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

PM replied to and email sent.

rebooting to test non WBR mode.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

rebooting into workbench and runing Dopus5 afterwards gives the same problem. I'm 4.1 FE + latest beta, nothing has been updated this year that could have any effect on dopus5 so it's unlikely a coincidence with a beta update causing it. I last used it about a week ago and all was ok.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
I received your files and I get the same error with my Dopus5 setup. It may take me a while to investigate. Right now I can't imagine what went wrong. My changes didn't include any change to the FTP module or the FTP config files.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
I commited a fix for your addressbook error. Let me know if it works. There could still possibly be a problem with the options file if your old options contain show or hide file patterns. I'll have to look at that later. I'm not sure if FTP changes were committed in time for the latest nightly build but it should show up in build r1074.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 5 »