Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: The Big Thing...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
just order it :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@cobale

Thank you very much!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit
Ordered too at monday.

Is this key available or is it a pre-order ?
By curiosity, any ideas of shipping dates ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h

The key is available, of course. Expect its arrival within next week. Thank you for your order!

Attach file:

jpg  (0.00 KB)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So is this bootable USB using Linux (and e-uae/p-uae) or WinPE (and WinUAE)?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

Linux

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Which emulator? E-UAE? WIP4 (or the slightly later than WIP4 from the CVS repo)? I haven't used AmiKit before, only seen screenshots. I think you'd be slightly more limited with E-UAE (printing for example). Not sure if P-UAE brings you benefits like hotplugging USB and printing to any host-supported printer. I'm only familiar with WinUAE and E-UAE.

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@MickJT

E-UAE.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amikit

I received today your key.

Thank you, it's a nice key and the setup is not complex.

I can boot easily under AmiPUP and start EUAE, but I have few questions :

1) How to setup sound ?
I don't have sound under Linux (and therefore EUAE)

2) How to setup numkeys ?
I am not able to use number keys on my keyboard (numpad and horizontal numkeys above the letters keys) under EUAE. It works fine under Linux. AmiPUP said me to download langpack_FR at first setup but where to find it ?

3) How to save EUAE settings ?
I have to change the memory settings each time that I start EUAE (increase memory seems to be mandatory to use NetSurf)
I have well created a personal save file at shutdown on the USB key.

4) How to change Backdrop under Amikit OS 3.9?
I removed the DOpus backdrop management and after ?

5) More important, how to start automatically E-UAE at each startup ?
And better in fullscreen mode to avoid to hit F12-S each time.

Sorry for all these questions ;)

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@zzd10h

1) Most of the time, the sound card is found automatically. However, since that doesn’t seem to be the case for you, trying running “Prefs/Setup/ALSA Sound Wizard” and see if that helps. Sometimes, it’s just a matter of un-ticking the “mute” checkbox or raising the volume sliders. Some settings can also be accessed by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray.

2) Not sure where you would download additional language packs for AmiKit. I looked at the AmiKit site myself and couldn’t find them. Jan?

3) From the “File” menu at the top when you run E-UAE, select “save config”. There is a known issue with E-UAE on Linux that causes slow downs in some situations if more than 32 megs is selected. I never saw it, but during testing, someone else did, so the memory was left at 32 megs. Netsurf wants LOTS of memory!

4) I’m not sitting in front of AmiKit at the moment, so I can’t say exactly how -- but the backdrop is changed via the DOpus environment controls, NOT the normal Amiga backdrop pref.

5) Some of the options for E-UAE can't be set from the GUI. Additional settings are controlled by a file called .uaerc that is located in the root folder (the folder that opens when you double-click the "Home" icon on the desktop). Click the "eye" in the window toolbar to show all icons. Changing the setting called "use_gui" to "no" will make AmiKit start without displaying the gui first -- most the the other settings are self-explanatory. I have never had much luck with full screen, but I am not an expert in E-UAE. Perhaps someone else can help with that.

Thanks for trying AmiPUP!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@klesterjr

Thanks for reply

1) done, with alsa-mixer program, unmute and increased volume doesn't help.

2) additional language pack was asked by AmiPUP during first setup.
Nevertheless, the missing keys under OS3.9 (AmiKit) make it unusable.

Strangly, the same AmiKit version (the one that you sent by link to your customer) works fine under WinUAE. At least for the num keys above the character key (numpad fails too).

3) I didn't noticed the 'File' menu, sorry, I'm a dummy !

4) 5) Thank you for the tip.

And I discovered that you are the guy who built AmiPUP,
Bravo for the OS4 theme !

Edited by zzd10h on 2014/6/9 14:09:48
Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@zzd10h

Try the forum located here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy

That is a very friendly site with helpful people. They can help you sort out the sound problem you're having.

Jan will have to help with the numpad problem -- that's outside my area of expertise.

There are a few other themes in there too, as well as (Ken's) icons, wallpaper, etc.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h

2) If the numkeys work under WinUAE while they do not under E-UAE then there's something wrong with the emulation engine itself, not AmiKit. Try to take a closer look at E-UAE settings.

4) If you are using DOpus (the default environment in AmiKit) it is enough to right-click any image and select "Set as Background" entry. Or go to DOpus settings (right mouse click -> Settings -> Environment -> Backgrounds and configure it there.

If you disabled DOpus and switched to pure AmigaOS workbench (this can be also done temporarily if you hold Shift key during AmiKit startup) then the background settings can be set by AmiKit:Prefs/WBPattern program.

If you have more questions I recommend to visit AmiKit Support Forum: http://forum.amiga.sk/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmiKit
just ordered my stick! well I guess I'm finally getting my Amiga notebook after all, thanks Amikit team

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Many thanks for your order. I've already sent you a download link. I'll ship the flash disk on Friday which means it is going to be with you within next week!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h

Numkeys will fail if you've got them configured for joypad. Check the joypad options.

You might need sdl.map_raw_keys=true as well if it's not set already.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Amikit
yes, background is ok now, thx

MickJT
you are right, numpad was setted as game port, now it works
thank you

Go to top

Register To Post