Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cubic IDE and console.api
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does anyone know how you can utilize the console.api in Cubic IDE?

I've looked at the Hollywood-plugin and the SDK plugin, and they both use the console.api. When looking in f.i. Customize/Settings, Pool, Plug-ins/c++.api, Console/Plug-Ins and the console.api, there are various arguments used. I tried changing some and deduct from the console.api binary what other arguments might be possible. Sometimes I get errors complaining about the arguments and sometimes not.
I'm thinking that the PIPECON device is used somehow, but don't know if it's possible to utilize it without creating your own .api binary (both Hollywod and the SDK building uses their own .api binary). I have tried to just redirect some echos to PIPECON in varuious ways (usign teh same name as stated in the argument) but without any result.

What I'd liked to do is to just run any arbitrary command, and get its output in the console window in the Cubic screen.

Maintainer and developer for Jamiga2 - Java for Amiga
Go to top
Re: Cubic IDE and console.api
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jaokim

Forgive the obvious question, but have you tried emailing the author?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jaokim

Have you tried to look into the example drawer? IIRC there was almost sample for every thing in CubicIDE (once upon a time when CubicIDE was still active I have started to port it natively to AmigaOS 4 and I was almost done when it became evident CubicIDE would not be updated anymore
If you wish I can try to have a look into my files if I can find anything.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Like so wisely suggested, I contacted Dietmar (the author). He replied quickly and I now got it working. I can now compile Java programs in Cubic without much problem (although rather much waiting)! I'll try and release some info/example on it some time soonish.

Maintainer and developer for Jamiga2 - Java for Amiga
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jaokim

Have you installed hollywood for cubic ?

It makes all hollywood debug output appear in the cubic console

http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top

Register To Post