Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 56

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

Way to ignore certain users?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Most forums (eg. EAB) have a way to globally avoid seeing messages by specific offensive people, but I don't see that here...

Go to top
Re: Way to ignore certain users?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Generally, there shouldn't be any need for it. Perhaps you'd like to tell us who you'd like to ignore, and why...

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I always find that feature completely useless, as you end up with people replying to them, and either bits of the ignored user's message quoted, or an inability to follow the conversation. Much better to report the user so they can be banned or warned.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I find it very useful on the Hyperion forum. There are a couple of people that I consider idiots, but I would never think their posts are offensive - just banal. I have them in my "enemies" list and don't see them any more.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, if you must know, it's kas1e, I haven't made a complaint because most of the flames from him were via PM rather than publically. But having lost any respect for him after being called a "retro-fag" and other stupid insults, I'd rather not have to read anything written by him in the future. It would be a shame if I had to avoid this site entirely because of that, however he seems to comment on most threads so he's pretty much inescapable.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Minuous

I just read the Extra info on your profile, what made you write that? and if you think that, way do you login to even to check your PM's?

I don't know what communication has been between you two, but I feel there is one side of the story missing. Can't you two come to some agreement where to agree to disagree, or is beyond that?

Life is too short to be fighting, over things that does not really matter.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/2/24 10:10:05
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/2/24 10:13:11
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/2/24 10:28:22
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForit
There is nothing between me and him at all, i even do not remember him at all.

Through i do check my sendbox there, and only one PM(! not "flame" but 1 single PM) which i have send to him are from year 2010 (!), where i indeed write some aggressive stuff about os3 (that true, such a live), but it was 4 years ago. And i remember that come from some thread, where i indeed write "retro-fag", but now i even do not remember reasons, but i assume i write this because of some annoying bull like "os3 so good, and os4 so bad".

Since that i never-ever-ever write to him anything (why i even should bother about him at all and spend my time on him ? like i have nothing else to do).

For me it looks like someone have some real problems outside of amigas, if there is needs for all this crap after 4 (!) years. And as i say, i never-ever bother about him, since. Never write him anything else. And of course, have no needs to have any respect from such persons at all, i just give a fuck about him.

And after i read his info in profile, everything is clear for me.

I have through an idea from what that topic come for real. Its (i assume), when i write for fun "omiga1200.exe" or "omiga" in oddysey thread, which is hurt him , but then .. then he completely out of mind then.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Congratulations on providing the sort of post that demonstrates why an ignore feature would be handy.

Passing by
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@liveforit:

>I just read the Extra info on your profile, what made you write that?

See post #5.

I don't want to have to shun a whole site because of one bad user. The vast majority of the users are OK.

>i just give a fuck about him.
>For me it looks like someone have some real problems outside of amigas, if there is needs for all this crap

This is exactly the kind of thing I mean. Obviously he still feels that that was a reasonable thing to have said, when it should be pretty obvious that it wasn't. I don't want to argue about any of "this crap", that's why I was investigating an ignore feature in the first place. I don't have anything against OS4, all my programs support it. If I make a suggestion that might help the OS3 community he shouts it down with "retro-fag" and other such nonsense. On other forums people treat each other in a civil and respectful manner, I don't know why it is different here.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Damn, it was 4 fucking years ago. FOUR YEARS AGO. I will repeat so everyone can see top line : IT WAS 4 YEARS AGO.

You have nothing else in life but to remember what happens 4 years ago ? Man, if there will be one day ignore button, you will be first in my list, of course. Person who have nothing else to do, but just someday remember what happens 4 years ago in one thread with 1 single pm , and call it as "most of flame was in pm" or "insults" damn ... Like i discuss with you anything ! I even do not remember you _at all_. I even search for that thread now and found that you call me there "cunt", in the very the same thread. Why i do not cry like soft baby about ? Why i just skip it and forget, but not you, and you will remember that your whole life ?

Man, sorry, but you really sick then.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Minuous

I'm sorry but there's currently no plans to add such a function.

@all

Anyway this thread has rottened up too much to be worth any further discussion so it's now closed.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked