Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
176 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 176

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: password problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Report on new install:

No improvement; it won't remember usernames or passwords. Back to the one I might have replaced.

One big puzzle: As would be expected, the new one had no bookmarks until I added this site's, and Windows > passwords is empty, as was Windows > cookies until I visited a couple of sites, but it knew what I had chosen for my home page! Where in the world is that info stored, if not in muiowb/?

Generally, Timberwolf works better and I'd use it all the time, if only it weren't so hard to launch sometimes.

Kilaueabart
A1000 -> A2000 --> AOne XE --> (SAM460ex) & AmigaOne X1000 --> AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Re: password problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

Quote:
One big puzzle: As would be expected, the new one had no bookmarks until I added this site's, and Windows > passwords is empty, as was Windows > cookies until I visited a couple of sites, but it knew what I had chosen for my home page! Where in the world is that info stored, if not in muiowb/?
In MUIOWB's config file, which - like for all MUI programs - is stored in ENV[ARC]:MUI/ - the OWB one is called OWB.config.

So for a proper reinstall test, you should probably first move that file - and maybe OWB.#?.prefs (I have OWB.1.prefs and OWB.2.prefs, not sure what they do) - away from ENVARC:MUI/ and reboot.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)