Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to configure Competition Pro?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I know I had this working just a few weeks ago. Then I had to guide a friend through the process of configuring his joystick, and I went through the steps, that I figured were correct on my own machine. And now it doesn't work anymore...

I use AmigaInput->lowlevel to assign the joystick to a lowlevel port. Then I choose which buttons (1 and 2) to assign to colored buttons (green and red I think). Then I choose horiz=x and vert=y. In the main tab, when I choose calibrate, everything works as it should.

Now, my two test cases are uae and a small joystick test program written in Hollywood. Both exhibit the same behavior: When I assign the joystick to port 0, nothing works (no reaction from buttons and stick). When I assign to port 1, I get a reaction, but the stick gets "stuck" (in uae, the character jumps up and down no matter what). As I said, it worked perfectly flawless some weeks ago, so the question is: What am I doing wrong?

Go to top
Re: How to configure Competition Pro?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

"BUMP"

Anyone ?

NinjaDNA

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I would backup the files in ENVARC:sys/AmigaInput, delete and start again, just to be sure there is no conflict.
I have several joystick and sometimes, it is difficult to know which one was calibrated and assigned to lowlevel port so I do it this way to start from 0.

AFAIR one or the 3 files is necessary but sorry, I dont remember which one anymore...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Thanks Lio ,
it worked , happy blasting away with gold competiton pro !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
RunInUAE contains a guide on setting-up the joystick.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post