Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Disk image device
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I installed the latest version on my A1200 and I was wondering what it actually adds to the start up that uses up memory? Before I could start EasyNet and AmiFTP but now after I start EasyNet there is not enough memory left for AmiFTP to run.

Coder

Can't get enough of me?
The Bucket Diary
Go to top
Re: Disk image device
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Small update. It does start AmiFTP suddenly but clicking connect to does not bring up the connection window.

Coder

Can't get enough of me?
The Bucket Diary
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Coder

You could try this version which only opens expat.library when it needs to read preferences and closes it immediately afterwards:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26599983/diskimage.m68k-aos.7z

This will save about ~70-80kB of memory.

Apart from that you can delete from DEVS:DiskImage any plugins for formats you don't need which will probably save a few kB:s per each plugin removed.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Move unused dosdrivers from "DEVS/dosdrivers" to "Storage/dosdrivers". DiskImage install program copies all stuff to devs/dosdrivers by default.

Amiga - still alive & kickin'!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
A small amount of memory could also be saved by deleting any obsolete prefs files from ENVARC: (so that they aren't copied to ENV: by S:startup-sequence):

Delete ENVARC:DiskImage/~(#?.xml)
Delete ENVARC:DiskImageGUI ALL

Probably not much though, exact amount will depend on ram-handler implementation...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

Thanks. I just fitted the Elbox 1200/4 which added a butt load (well for classic Amiga standards) of memory and it works fine now. It even is much faster now.

Coder

Can't get enough of me?
The Bucket Diary
Go to top

Register To Post