Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 140

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AOrganiser
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Andy, check your emails!

Any plans to enhance AOrganiser any further? I've noticed a number of things are missing or not working.

1. Spelling: Until not Untill

2. Repeat Until - how is that meant to work? If I select Repeat Daily and for example type ( Wednesday 30 November 2011 ) in the box it continues to repeat it after this date? I guess this is a bug, I'll leave out support for this in Jack until it is remedied.

3. Any plans to add Event Types? For the user this just means coloured text. Eg. Holidays in Green, Work in Red, Leisure in Blue.

4. Also expecting a user to enter a date in human readable form instead of selecting Days, Month and Year from a dropdowns is not very friendly.

5. Finally, AOrganiser doesn't have any kind of alarm or reminder service. Any plans to add Ringhio Notification or Audio beep? Remind me 1 day before, 15 mins before etc...?

I hope you have some plans for it. Thanks, keep up the good work!

Go to top
Re: AOrganiser
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry just one more thing, have you taken a look at this?

http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... /library/misc/libical.lha

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
...and a phone-book. That's the main reason I stick to Digita Organiser

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

djrikki wrote:
Hi Andy, check your emails!

I check em every ten minutes, nothing from you has arrived.

Correct address is :
andy@broad.ology.org.uk

Quote:

Any plans to enhance AOrganiser any further?

I few ideas, depends a lot on time though.

Quote:

I've noticed a number of things are missing or not working.

1. Spelling: Until not Untill

guilty.

Quote:

2. Repeat Until - how is that meant to work? If I select Repeat Daily and for example type ( Wednesday 30 November 2011 ) in the box it continues to repeat it after this date? I guess this is a bug, I'll leave out support for this in Jack until it is remedied.

It works for me. Just set up a daily event finishing on Thurs 1s dec and it didn't occur afterwards. If you have a reproducable case when this doesn't work, then please save out the diary file (with only that event) and send it to me so I test against it.

Quote:

3. Any plans to add Event Types? For the user this just means coloured text. Eg. Holidays in Green, Work in Red, Leisure in Blue.

Event classes are planned. Not sure when I'll implment them though.

Quote:

4. Also expecting a user to enter a date in human readable form instead of selecting Days, Month and Year from a dropdowns is not very friendly.

You can type as little as '5 12 2012' (Noquotes) to enter a date. Popups would way more work to implement and use. I'm not anti them but we dont have a GetDate gadget / requester so I'd have build my own. I allready built the calendar gadget so I'm part of the way there.

Quote:

5. Finally, AOrganiser doesn't have any kind of alarm or reminder service. Any plans to add Ringhio Notification or Audio beep? Remind me 1 day before, 15 mins before etc...?

You can launch actions at the beginning and end of an event. It has an Arexx interface, the two togther give you most of that. Can't do them in advance yet though, I agree that would be useful.

Quote:

I hope you have some plans for it. Thanks, keep up the good work!

Edited by broadblues on 2011/11/21 19:19:04
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Save the code below to popup.rx

Then add

Action: C:RX

Actrion Args: <pathto>/popup.rx %k

/**/

Options RESULTS

PARSE ARG akey 

ADDRESS DIARY

'GET ' akey ' FIELD=TITLE'

if RC 0 THEN DO

title result
END

'GET ' akey ' FIELD=NOTE'

if RC 0  THEN DO

note result
END

popup 
'RUN >NIL: C:RequestChoice TITLE "' || title || '" BODY "' || note || '" GADGETS OK'

address command popup

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

...and a phone-book. That's the main reason I stick to Digita Organiser

I need that too, but somehow never quite get to it....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If I did write a phonebook would you prefer it was builtin or in a seperate window? I lean towards the latter myself.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've thought about a native Calendar and Phone book for Jack in the past. Not sure about it really - Jack has enough features already.

UPDATE: I've just uploaded Jack 2.6 to OS4Depot - its sat in the upload queue Jack1.lha - amongst the other bug fixes and features, I've added Calendar Support for both AOrganiser and Google Calendar - I've been working at it all weekend.

EMAIL: Strange Andy, that was the email address I sent them to. hmm

EDIT: Anyone is free of course to see if they can break the arexx parseing or any other part of the application for that matter - I have a bug report page on OS4Depot now. ( http://bugs.os4depot.net )

In regard to any future Phone Book, for portability you need to use an existing standard rather than coming up with anything bespoke. Something along the lines of vCard, I was thinking that xCard looks more interesting as its formatted in XML. Look further down this wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard

A portable Calendar format is required as well that makes use of an existing standard - e.g. iCalendar - I guess AOrganiser is using a bespoke format.

Go to top

Register To Post