Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 143

davec555, skynet, eastone, more...

Support us!

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

telnetd not working
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
I've set up telnetd-2.0 according to instructions, but when I try to connect it gives me a 'Connection refused' error. I've run Snoopy trying to see if it fails anywhere, but everything looks good. Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Re: telnetd not working
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@Valiant

I have tried to used telnetd and wasn't able to set it up correctly. I managed to be granted a login but nothing came after this (i.e. the telned console was empty).
I guess what you are missing is the AmiTCP: assign where telnetd is looking for some things... And also you should add a user into the file Devs:Internet/Users, this user should have a password and a shell.

I did this research because at one point I wanted to port a telnetd to OS4, but before the 68k version should work almost reliably to show a bit of feasability. But it was with no luck, especially when I could not be able to make the 68k version to work at all, I gave up the telnetd port

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Re: telnetd not working
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
@Valiant

I have tried to used telnetd and wasn't able to set it up correctly. I managed to be granted a login but nothing came after this (i.e. the telned console was empty).
I guess what you are missing is the AmiTCP: assign where telnetd is looking for some things... And also you should add a user into the file Devs:Internet/Users, this user should have a password and a shell.



Thanks for the suggestions, but as I said I've set up telnetd correctly with an AmiTCP: assign and a user entry in the Users files. I know others are using telnetd successfully, but I'm supposing that's with OS3.x. Has anyone successfully used telnetd-2.0 with OS4?

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Re: telnetd not working
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender


See User information
@Valiant
If there are sources available for that thing I may be interested making an OS4 native version. I could use a simple telnet daemon...

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Re: telnetd not working
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@Valiant
If there are sources available for that thing I may be interested making an OS4 native version. I could use a simple telnet daemon...


The source is included with the program found here in Aminet. If you can get it to work under OS4 I'd be very grateful.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top

  Register To Post

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 ( 0 members and 1 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2024 The XOOPS Project