Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SAM460 not booting..... resolved
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi All

Was using my SAM460 Thurs evening all working fine. Switched it on Sat afternoon, kickstart loaded, went to splash screen but no further! Tried several times and eventually booted into a workbench screen with grimreaper saying something about ehci problem!

I took my system to ANT meeting today and after much investigation and re-installing OS4.1.2 from scratch still not booting, only booting from CD!!

After much investigating it seemed that anything relating to time prefs was the problem and checked time within u-boot to discover that time was set to year 2092???

We checked the battery on the motherboard and it was dead, and somehow the time had been corrupted within u-boot.

You check the time within u-boot by interupting it and putting in 'date' which wiil show the time and date within u-boot. Set the correct time and date manually and my SAM460 come back to life booting normally again.

A big thank you to all ANT members who helped my find the problem today, particularly ChrisH and Robert Williams........ thanks guys

Gotta get myself a CR2032 cell for the motherboard now but it's working fine without it for now........ phew

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: SAM460 not booting..... resolved
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice you got it back working again. Odd that the battery is dead. Have you had it for that long??? I had my sam440ep for many years and no problem at all.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
Nice you got it back working again. Odd that the battery is dead. Have you had it for that long??? I had my sam440ep for many

I have had my SAM460 for about 4 months, so battery must have been duff when it was fitted by AmigaKit, but they prob had them on the shelf for a long time and didn't realise they were duff. I will ring them tomorrow to let them know, when I checked it with a meter it was showing 0.1 volts rarher than 3 volts!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Welcome back to Amigaland pal.

It was nice to see you and Robert down at ANT as well.
(and that "magic" bloke too)

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Sorry who? I wasnt their you really need to see a Doctor Mikey_C seriously starting to worrie about you now see? He's fixated about me :( :P

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:
Welcome back to Amigaland pal.

It was nice to see you and Robert down at ANT as well.
(and that "magic" bloke too

It was good to see you guys too, feels good to be part of the community again

Go to top

Register To Post