Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 59

LiveForIt, dfstudios, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

RecoDraw - the continuation of Icon Editor
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, I've been working on new painting program for AmigaOS4.x for few days, it's called RecoDraw, it's a continuation of my Icon Editor, which I realised.

It's written from scratch, that's why it's missing many tools. But I think I won't reorganise program because I'm satisfied like it is! I try to write it in C with good organisation of functions and data structures. Learning on the university helps much

But it has few functions that are missing in Icon Editor - painting with soft brush - it's partially mixing with the image and an ability to Cut brush and paint with it!

The program asks for Screenmode but if you select "cancel" it opens the clone of Workbench. It also copies then the GUI settings from Workbench. It is designed to work on 32 bit because it utilises alpha mask, but it can work in 16 bit, however the custom brush painting will not work as expected then (because alpha mask is used).

http://minniatian.republika.pl/RecoDraw/recodraw.png
http://minniatian.republika.pl/RecoDraw/RecoDraw.lha

Note that the program is in very early stage! I hope I will finally implement the suggestions from temporary Amigans site ie. writing to Image.

Go to top
Re: RecoDraw - the continuation of Icon Editor
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thats pretty interesting and cool, but no window mode as in case with iconeditor ?:)

Anyway, keep it up, pretty interesting to see to what stage it will evolve in end.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
Thats pretty interesting and cool, but no window mode as in case with iconeditor ?:)

An updated version uploaded to server. It gets the switch parameter "WB" in command line, if selected it opens the program on Workbench (or default public) screen.

But I wonder if I will use the palette.gadget in future which needs those pens allocated... Maybe some replacement to palette.gadget is needed.

Notice that the help bubbles are in the program - if you hover the mouse pointer over the button it displays help message. Also the information string is displaying current program status.

The purpose is to make simple but fast and flexible drawing tool which is needed on AmigaOS4.x. which saves in PNG format and also in icon format. Lots of work is to be done but I think I can make it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Go for it!

Looks pretty cool already and you're right... AmigaOS4 needs those little tools for a fast inbetween work.

I remember loving to try out all those little beasts from the Fish disks when i had my first HD set up on an Amiga 500 with AmigaOS1.3

ahhh...memories

Keep it up and if you need ideas for new projects...just ask...you know, all us lunatics can't wait to shout out crazy ideas

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Maybe a modern deluxe paint kinda painting thingie?
Keep it up.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
can't comment now as I'm waiting for my OS4.x machine but keep it coming along friend as it looks useful

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
I remember loving to try out all those little beasts from the Fish disks when i had my first HD set up on an Amiga 500 with AmigaOS1.3

Same here, I love the software on Fred Fish disks, still got the CDPD

@Antique
Quote:
Maybe a modern deluxe paint kinda painting thingie?

Yes, something like modern Deluxe Paint is in my wishes

@328gts
Quote:
can't comment now as I'm waiting for my OS4.x machine but keep it coming along friend as it looks useful

It's not yet that useful, because only few tools are available. What is missing the most is saving images, but...

...I downloaded PNG file format and I'm reading it, it seems that PNG contains chunks just like IFF format, so it's relatively easy to use. The compression is done with zlib, but fortunately this library is available for AmigaOS 4.

I'm thinking about creating shared library for AmigaOS 4 which stores PNG images. Other programs would also benefit.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert
Quote:

I'm thinking about creating shared library for AmigaOS 4 which stores PNG images. Other programs would also benefit.

You can just use libpng , which give you ability to pack/depack png to/from raw data.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

This will greatly simplify the task, thanks for the tip.

However, I printed the PNG specification yesterday and I want to make some own handling of PNG anyway. If libpng doesn't support this I'd like to include writing for example text chunks which contain textual information about author and title of image. And there are many other interesting chunk types. Something like png.library would be also nice to have (and SDK gives an utility to create shared libraries easily). I just like this job, that's why I'm writing own painting program

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I made own partial handling of PNG files (for now decoding, but encoding will be similiar). This includes:
- loading of PNG files (for now IHDR, IDAT, tEXt and IEND chunks are recognized),
- decompressing image data using z.library,
- unfiltering data.

I'm happy because it works very nicely (displays unpacked image in a window), however not all features of PNG are supported yet. Now it's time to make the encoder

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The encoder works! The program with ability to save images can be downloaded from the original link. Its requirement is z.library which compresses data.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert
Keep it up :)

Btw, maybe you can also add png "save" support to icon-editor ? Icon-editor are nice enough, and will be good to expand it with more functionality (maybe somehow get rid off from that usage palette.gadgets, so you can construct your own palettes, and so, both apps can works on WB screen as well).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Do not lose heart, the beginning are always difficult!
But I'm sorry I can't help you, because Ony I programming with Hollywood.

Go to top

Register To Post