Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

samo79, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

My A1200 MP3 Jukebox!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've finally got around to posting up some photos of my current project - an MP3 jukebox based on an A1200 and an old CD player. This has been my project, on and off, for years now, but is finally nearly there :)

http://www.robthenerd.com/show.php?se ... s&sub=jukebox&page=photos

Go to top
Re: My A1200 MP3 Jukebox!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
looks good, and, yes a lot of fun...

this is mine:

A1k.org -geographs jukebox

I am using OS 3.9... in conjunction with "ADRipper" to convert CD into MP3. This gave me some problems with your software (ages ago, though). I am still hoping for an advanced version of your software for OS 3.9 and up. I remember e.g. the listviews were optimized for OS 1.x wasn't it.

greetings gerograph

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Oh? What sort of problems were you having? The listviews are from GadTools, optimised for 3.0, and I doubt it'll run under 1.x. Development of the MUI version is pretty slow at the moment, but it sort of works.

The A1k.org site is blocked here in work so I'll have a look later on :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
The listviews are from GadTools, optimised for 3.0

Can't really remember, we already discussed that ages ago. If I recall correctly, I had to problems/dislikes:

1) The listview did not have columns (which was a GadTools limitation, wasn't it ?), resulting incorrect alignments of mp3tag information... if you donnot use topaz font as standard. Donnot know wether you already implemented a option to use topaz font anyway, even if your systems uses another default font.

2) There was a problem with mp3 filenames, or was it a problem with certain mp3tags which where created by addripper, cannot remember. But most of my mp3 could not be loaded into database.

However, your jukebox proggy is probably great for 3.0 (that was your goal wasn't it ?), but enhancements for OS3.9 / 4.x would be great, as this one will not be such an "overkill" as AMC for my SAM440 and A1200 Systems.
However, your work is great, and I really appreciate it.

greetings Gero

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Ah yes, I remember now :) Well, the file names thing I've fixed (though haven't released an update because I'm still tweaking it for my own setup), and the playlist listview is indeed limited by GadTools. There is a setting in the options window for choosing your own font separate from the system - though it doesn't support the font requester so you need to enter the font name manually.

I'll let you know when I release the updated version (0.7), but I guess you really need the MUI version. I'll see about getting an alpha version together for you soon, if you'd like to test it?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
now that's one heck of a hobby project thanks for posting! damn I wish I had the time to mess around with my soldering iron again..sigh

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

See User information
Both projects looking good chaps!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks guys :) Yeah, that also looks very good Gerograph, nice project! I thought about fitting mine with USB, but in the end decided that a PCMCIA adaptor and CF card is enough for me.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Updated: It works!! Finally have all the hardware assembled now, and have added some photos to my page:

http://www.robthenerd.com/show.php?se ... s&sub=jukebox&page=photos

The newer ones are from the Power Supply section down... And it now looks respectable enough to go in the living room

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice work.

That "flexible CPU riser" is a bit scary, but at the low clock rates involved I guess you are OK.

I bet that was a lot of fun to put together.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yeah, was fun alright, and still is since I have to finish off the software. I was worried about noise on the bus, but if you look at some of the signals on a scope, they're actually not that bad at all! They were bad - but that turned out to be a dodgy PSU, introduced noise all over the place. The current one gives nice, clean signals everywhere and a rock-stable machine.

Go to top

Register To Post