Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
194 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 194

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Half Life 1 possible on sam440?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@All

So what games are open source and what games could be ported the amigaos 4 ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@phantom & carvedeye

Its all up to you, found games which opensources, and will works fine on 1ghz, and still, will be modern , good looking, with music / sounds /etc.

As i say all that games and links on sources you can post in the "new games possible forum".

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thread

What do people think of Spring Engine ?
Quite a few good looking games for it.

http://springrts.com/wiki/Games

I was looking at the game Zero-K, but it requires Spring Engine.

http://zero-k.info/index.php

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@angelheart

Game are want boost version 1.35 or later, while we have 1.33.1 only. While it can be possible to build all necessary boost-libs (newer one), still, game use a "thread" boost-lib, which (as ssolie say) can't be ported becase: the SDK C++ compiler supports single threading only.

Because of it we also not have Heroes3 port.

Will be cool if some of aos4 developers can port more or less new versions of boost libs + somehow still port that "thread" library (or rewrite it to make it works as expected, even if will not use threads, but something like that, just to make it works for games as expected).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@carvedeye

I don't like Half Life altough is a good game with a good story with the aliens, black mesa, the smoker, etc., but also there is think that his port will have much work and it needs a fast CPU, although my brother played to it with my old K7 to 600 MHZ.

Go to top
Anonymous
@derfs

Well, one day (soon) Halflife 1 engine will be completely outdated and probably realised open source. When I ment that game is better then HL2 it`s because it`s got better story to me and not that much put into an engine (gameplay vs eyecandies). HL2 when realised, was very buggy and quite demanding, unlike HL1.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)