Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Sam440 audio connections
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Lecta
yep thankyou... BTW is the expansion board with audio/usb/VGA connectors still on hold ? Wouldn't it be a good solution to go into production ?

@all
... but doesn't help me, I think there is a bit of missing knowledge. How do I connect a mic and linein to the SAM ? Can anybody help here ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tonyw
Quote:

Thank you for publishing that data, it will be very useful for developers.

I always appreciate relevant information & data. However, the original query was about how to connect inputs (line & microphone) for recording. The provided diagram shows the circuitry for connecting front line-out directly to the ALC655 but shows nothing connected to the audio header. The MIC and Line inputs on the ALC655 are shown connected through capacitors and resistors to ground. I must be stupid because that doesn't answer my questions about input connection. What I want to see is a diagram of the circuitry (or just wires?) from the audio header to a microhone jack (connector) and line-input jack (or stereo RCA connectors).
This is the kind of problem I wanted to avoid by buying a complete system from AmiKit but what I got was an incomplete system instead.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@gerograph

Quote:

gerograph wrote:
@Lecta
yep thankyou... BTW is the expansion board with audio/usb/VGA connectors still on hold ? Wouldn't it be a good solution to go into production ?

@all
... but doesn't help me, I think there is a bit of missing knowledge. How do I connect a mic and linein to the SAM ? Can anybody help here ?

That was the original question and isn't really answered by a diagram that shows the audio header connected to nothing. Apparently nobody is using the builtin audio inputs on a SAM or they would have said something by now.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm thinking someone (Acube, Amigakit?) should offer a simple, readymade header for the audio pins that connects to MIC IN and LINE IN inputs on a plate to the back of the box.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)