Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: why do people think TimberWolf will be 'sluggish' on anything other than X1000 ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

DAX wrote:
To answer the topic question (now that TWAlpha 1 is out) the answer is: it won't! (be sluggish I mean).
On my Sam, even redrawing everything from 2 to 8 times (plus other missing optimizations) it is still as fast as OWB in most cases and in some other it is mind blowingly faster!
Yes I know OWB has some technical problems right now with ign.com, but even when that site worked fine, it wasnt half as fast and all this on what's supposed to be a "very slow" early Alpha.

So bottom line, it won't be sluggish at all, and it will actually go faster than Debian Firefox when running the latter on same HW (Sam in this case).

yes I confirmed this for myself as well and a great relief it was to find out too

@ Rogue

don't worry my friend, we won't hold you to any exact speed comparison here at amigans...though no promises for people elsewhere

now if only my USB stuff that worked so fine under Update 1 would magically work under Update 2 I would be in Amiga bliss..ok and also USB2.0 too

Edited by Rigo on 2010/6/13 8:57:41
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Re: why do people think TimberWolf will be 'sluggish' on anything other than X1000 ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

It already runs great and fast on my AOne...my, my, my, just imagine with all the optimizations implemented?
It will fly i tells ya

Thanks a lot for the effort to the bros

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Raziel
It was a whole bunch of worry for nothing.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie
Exactly, never saw why people worried to much about speed. FF runs great on my older pc's, even those with similar speeds to the SAM. Startup takes some time and really Javascript heavy sites can be a bit slow but apart from that it just works as long as the computer has enough memory.

I am really looking forward to see further optimizations, it's not to far from being able to replace OWB

@ALL
I can see Timberwolf almost reached 500 dls. on OS4depot.net. Remember that if you like what you see in the alpha release and wants to show your appreciation to the Friedens, you can still make a donation via Amigabounty.net Project Timberwolf Thanks for the support of the project.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Anonymous
@DAX

Quote:

To answer the topic question (now that TWAlpha 1 is out) the answer is: it won't! (be sluggish I mean).
On my Sam, even redrawing everything from 2 to 8 times (plus other missing optimizations) it is still as fast as OWB in most cases and in some other it is mind blowingly faster!

Not here. Perhaps you use a peculiar subset of sites.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)