Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Google Docs buggy with recent OWB (SOLVED)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I've added an official bug report, but thought it might be helpful to mention it here:

Google Docs is potentially a nice alternative to Abiword on Amicygnix, and it *used* to work quite well with OWB. Specifically, it worked fine on v3.23 .

But with v3.25 & 3.27 the menus & buttons of Google Docs stop responding to the mouse after you start editing the document (by clicking in the text area).

This seems like it's probably a simple bug, and I hope it gets fixed quickly!

edit: This bug was fixed by OWB v3.28.

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/6/25 19:15:22
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Google Docs buggy with recent OWB
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have been able to edit a spreadsheet and use the menus just fine with (almost) current 3.28. A big problem I have recently noticed is that I am no longer able to Upload new docs. The windows work and the file selector opens, but I get a DSI when the file is chosen, and the filename is shown corrupted and will not upload. I know this used to work waaay back a year or so ago, since that is how I uploaded a couple docs there in the first place.

Can someone else confirm this Upload bug? I will make some crashlogs and add to bugzilla if it's not just me.

Scott Woodall

PS: I am still running 4.1 without upd 1 or 2 because of hyp. website registration failures

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@swoodall
I do not get any DSIs or crashes with OWB v3.29 on OS4.1 Update 2. But although it says "Upload complete", it appears to fail and says "(Server rejected)".

I suspect your crashes are due to using outdated OS4/OWB. But upload failure seems to be due to OWB bug, probably.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Thanks for trying it. It doesnt always crash for me, but the server always shows the filename as non-ASCII junk chars, and it never uploads. I would guess the messed up name points to corruption, whether it happens to guru every time or not. Will try on 3.29 also.

Go to top

Register To Post