Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Qt - work in progress
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

Yes, I agree. I didn't want to "blame" some possible slowness of a potential amiga QT-implementation. On the contrary! I just wanted to disagree with the statement: "QT is fast on a phone, then it must be fast on Amiga, too."

Sorry, for taking this off-topic :-|

regards,
nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

I didn't read statement like that but rather "Qt is fast on a phone, so it *can* be on AmigaOS PPC". Will it be is another question.
But you are right : that's enough off topic for now !

Good luck alfkil : Qt is a good framework, hope you'll manage to reach end of your project.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nexus Quote:
But if you insist that the resolution has an important impact, then this is also true (for sure) for QT applications.

Of course the number of pixels has an impact: Given similar CPUs (and bandwidth), if you have 3.4 times the number of pixels to generate & render, then it will take 3.4 times as long (roughly).

Many applications can cheat though, by using hardware acceleration. For example, scrolling can avoid redrawing everything by "just" telling the gfx-card to move a block of pixels (which is much much faster than the CPU doing it).

But web browsing can be very complex to render, so (a) there are less opportunities to optimise it using hardware acceleration, so some pages will be more dependant on the CPU power, and (b) Nokia has more money to spend on optimisation than we do (at one stage OWB was very slow, now it is really quite nice).

@abalaban Quote:
"Qt is fast on a phone, so it *can* be on AmigaOS PPC"

Yes, that was what I was trying to say:

ChrisH wrote Quote:
If QT can work fast on a mobile phone (and yes it does, at least on the Nokia N900) then it should be possible on the Sam440 too. Of course it might require a lot of optimisation work...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)