Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Where can i found old (2008-2009) port of SDL_Mixer ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
While i working on port of some nice music disk to aos4, i use my old SDL_Mixer which i download from os4 depot 1 year ago (do not remember what version it was). And everything works fine, without any bugs. Then, i trying to use latest version of SDL_Mixer from os4depot, in hope that it will be better (in general, i trying to play .it files with old sdl_mixer with no luck, and thinking that new one will do it).

The problems is: for first, new sdl_mixer for some reassons want now MikMod, FLAC and phtread libs. That no problems of course, but still, end binary are inceases when you make it static. And for second, when i swith beetwen modules by the same routines which works fine with old SDL_Mixer, i have a DSI in pt_updatevoices fucntion:

Quote:

Stack trace:
pt_UpdateVoices()+0xB0 (section 1 @ 0xbfa5c)
Player_HandleTick()+0x278 (section 1 @ 0xc2768)
VC2_WriteSamples()+0x2AC (section 1 @ 0xeb56c)
VC2_WriteBytes()+0x68 (section 1 @ 0xed10c)
VC_WriteBytes()+0x30 (section 1 @ 0xc4e88)
MOD_playAudio()+0x138 (section 1 @ 0xf088)
music_mixer()+0x268 (section 1 @ 0xdcb0)
mix_channels()+0x90 (section 1 @ 0xb728)
SDL_RunAudio()+0x1C4 (section 1 @ 0xf2e98)
SDL_RunThread()+0x50 (section 1 @ 0xf9d1c)
RunThread()+0x68 (section 1 @ 0x10e8ac)
native kernel module dos.library.kmod+0x0001b524
native kernel module kernel+0x0003ef08
native kernel module kernel+0x0003ef88

Dunno from what that DSI coming, but with previous one everything was ok.. Maybe its pthread realated which used by mikmod, which used in end by sdl_mixer.

So the question: have anyone old version of SDL_Mixer from os4depot, which was on it in year 2009 ?

Edited by kas1e on 2010/5/19 17:07:26
Edited by kas1e on 2010/5/19 17:36:59
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Where can i found old (2008-2009) port of SDL_Mixer ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Instead of using old versions you should inform the porter about the bugs you found, otherwise everyone will stay stuck with buggy version

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Indeed, but i have no answers from Salas00 in last days (already tried to write him some other mail). Anyway, at moment i fix it by some additional stuff (looks like), and now trying to understand why some .IT modules sdl_mixer and mikmod plays fine, but some are not. Tunenet over ModPlug plugin plays all types of IT fine .. sadly that sdl_mixer cant

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

The crash needs investigation in the case it can be reproduced.
I agree with Raziel, we should try to fix problems.

I plan to open a project like os4sdl and dedicated to SDL extra libs in order to have a unique repository for these libs (SDL_mixer, SDL_image, ...). Only on OS4, with have several versions, 2 file formats (static libs and shared objects), ... We also need a bugtracker to provide a better support.

I asked to salass if he would like to join because he has the experience of these lib ports and I also have no news.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@corto
answer you on mail (thanks for help)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

If you're going to statically link SDL_mixer and only need support for a few file formats then I suggest that you build your own version of the SDL_mixer library with only those parts you need.

Compiling SDL_mixer is mostly just ./configure and gmake if you don't want to create shared objects.

As for the .so files I suggest using the ones from the user archive as they are IIRC newer than the ones in the developer archive.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

The problem with latest SDL_Mixer is that it plays some IT modules, and dont plays others (but all of them plays fine over ModPlug tunenet's plugin). What make me think, that MikMod (which is part of sdl_mixer i think? ) can't play some IT files.

I can send you on mail not working over sdl_mixer IT files (and working over modplug tunenet's plugin) if you in interest.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/5/20 9:24:45
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post