Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: A1-X1000 Marks A New Beginning For Amiga Hardware!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

No, i'm not, but i can say this. I know some things that i am not allowed to tell. I'm sorry i can't say more than that...

Again, several of you have failed to get the right understanding of the topic. It's not about the Amiga
becoming a world-beater again. It won't happen in
the first place. I'm talking about a whole new beginning,
and this came from A-EON themselves, too..

Go out figure, but you will be surprised that i am quite right. I would have to ignore your comments as you sound very pessimistic about anything related to Amiga...

If that is truly the case, then you are better away from the Amiga scene and need to find something else you believe in. Sorry, but that is the truth...

I have nothing more to say about this. I have answered your question..

By the way. Just one more thing. I might sound like if i should "foresee" the future. This is not the case, but i
talk like a wise, intelligent man with a lot of knowledge and experiences i were "gifted with" most of my life, mixed with a great deal of general computing knowledge. This is the way i am, and this is my nature. I'm extremely loyal to the Amiga and i love the platform, and will continue to do until the very day i die, and this belief and "religion" of mine will die along and buried with me in my grave.

Like i told, i might know something you don't, and i am not allowed to talk about it, because i made a promise to the contact that informed me with answers to my questions, and that's all i really can say...

Also remember that it would be you that would get a warning if you keep bursting out with that kind of tone,
and not me. I remain relaxed with self-control and will stick to what the topic is about. No attack and nothing like that. That is what all of us should remember..

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Ok this was not ment to be "lets all bash at helgis" Helgis, just try not to do so many endless topics of the same thing. Otherwise, I would be tempted to hit delete or lock the thread, and I really dont want to do that.

Snuffy, stop being so rude to others. Yes its too hot to handle but, try and stay on topic guys.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

Hi amigans.net, I try to not post on amigans.net because I respect your OS4-centric theme, after reading this thread my head almost pop up.

Quote:
I know some things that i am not allowed to tell.

Then why are you saying this? This will not, in any way, validate your claims. Lets make an experiment:

(claim) Moon is made of cheese!
(inquiry) What?
(claim) I know something you do not!

First claim goes against what we know or suspect based on experience, second claim backups (in your mind) your statement but it's failed "argument from authority".

Quote:
Go out figure, but you will be surprised that i am quite right. I would have to ignore your comments as you sound very pessimistic about anything related to Amiga...

I would be really surprised if anything you claim, moving aside generic claims of "new beginning", would have merit.

Quote:
I might sound like if i should "foresee" the future. This is not the case, but i talk like a wise, intelligent man with a lot of knowledge and experiences i were "gifted with" most of my life, mixed with a great deal of general computing knowledge.

You think very highly of yourself, sometimes such confidence is very good. But why you have never, ever displayed characters you tell us you posses? I have never seen anything in your writing that would give a creditability to your knowledge. You had no idea on basic OS, your claims about multitasking where laughable at best, you don't seem to grasp software engineering principles.

Why I haven't read anything technical from you? Anything. A short summary on what advantages you gets with current messages system in exec.library? A tutorial on how to say 'Hi' to program thanks to AREXX? How to draw a perfect "dripping water" animation in DPaint? Will Round Robin type of multitasking will be bad for future SMP kernel of OS4?

You have posted thousands of posts and never get even close to contribute anything.

You claim technical understanding and you let someone screw a fan to a CPU module? You get fooled by a guy who said that X1000 is not yet booting OS4.x, I would not be a bit surprised if someone made a joke account with TrevorDick@something and fed you with some "secret plans". There are people who would find this funny. You'd fall for it.

Quote:
and this belief and "religion" of mine will die along and buried with me in my grave.

This sentence sends a shiver down mine spine.

Quote:
Also remember that it would be you that would get a warning if you keep bursting out with that kind of tone, and not me. I remain relaxed with self-control

Feel free to report me. But I find it funny that you warn people from "bursting out". You called me "pale mf" and another guy was a "man who enjoy sexual intercourse with a tree".

To recoup: your claims are just like that, claims. You have never displayed any technical prowess, you're drama queen (and that's why I find it hard to believe that someone would entrust you anything of importance) and you suffer from excessive mood swings (OS4 rulz, OS4 saks, PPC rulz, x86 rulz, I'm leaving, PPC rulz, I'm leaving yet again, x86 rulz, OS4 saks, I'm leaving you guys! and so on).

opi, playing a bad cop.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@opi

I choose to ignore this, because i know you are wrong..It's as simple as that...

I can tell you this. I have contact with Trevor Dickinson yes, but more than that i can't tell..And i am intelligent enough to see the difference between a faked email of important Amiga developers and real ones. I have contact with real persons, not faked ones as they will simply be blocked. You don't know me and i don't know you, neither do i want to. You are not the right person to make claims about me, and i am not the right one to make claims of you. Learn this, and you will become a better human in the future. What would your family, your woman and your children (if you have any) say to you if you behave like this? They will aband you, and you will at last be left alone. Is that what you want? No, it's not..

You know, i could report you, but i am better than that. You know the rules, and it will be up to the moderators to make the final choices...

You are a grown-up, aren't you? Start acting like one. At least i am..

When reading your comments, it sounds like you think Amiga-related forums are just about how experienced people are in software/hardware design and development. That's not what it's just about.
Forums are for allround users like me and many
others, too. I am not a programmer or a developer.
I'm simply an allround user and i can give a great
review and self-experience on the use of many
applications and even the OS itself. Your kind of
comments are not needed for allround users.

If somebody was asking about technical support,
information or advices in order to develop something,
then it would have been different. This wasn't the case
with this topic. I have been at the Amiga scene from the very beginning days of the Amiga..

I don't care if you believe me or not, but i can tell you that a lot of people will agree on what i say..You are the one who is stuck with the past. I have left the past. The past belongs to exactly that, the past..Get over it, and focus on what happens now. The present and the future.

What happened in the past in AmigaWorld is a long time ago now. That time is over, and it was also proven that AmigaWorld didn't have much control over several members'...behaviour, and that was why so many left the site in favour of better Amiga sites. That's the truth..

I am a true Amiga supporter, a former user and a dedicated fan. It's my belief and it has been from the first days of the Amiga...

Don't know if you are a true Amiga fan and supporter. If that is the case, you will need to prove yourself. Not for me, but for yourself. You still haven't impressed me and
you have failed to do so many times...

I don't find any value of discussing this with you. I'm simply not interested in your comments. I know you are wrong about your opinions about me and what i have said. It's that simple, and that's it..

Your opinions are yours alone, so keep them for yourself..

Edited by Helgis on 2010/5/1 9:06:29
Edited by Helgis on 2010/5/1 9:10:06
Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@magic

Thank you, thank you. I should have found a way to keep many same threats on one place. I'm sorry for this, and because so many seem so negative as shown here, i don't find a better solution of locking this topic. Not because i made it, but because how this was handled by somebody else..

By the way, perhaps you SHOULD delete this topic? Again, not because i made it, but because of the feedbacks..

Since so many have lost the true belief in the Amiga and its' future, it doesn't really matter what i say or not, as they who have lost the belief, don't really listen at all, so it's not just worth it..

Just delete it. I'm sorry to see so many have fallen into the great darkness, and even showing the attitude "I-know-better-than-you-because-i'm-a-developer/programmer-and-you're-not"...I'm tired of such behaviours. I'm at
least not the one acting like this..

Please, just delete it, and i will be smarter the next time not to make "clone-topics"...

Edited by Helgis on 2010/5/1 9:28:53
Edited by Helgis on 2010/5/1 9:30:22
Edited by Helgis on 2010/5/1 10:48:28

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis Quote:
Again, several of you have failed to get the right understanding of the topic

If anyone has a poor understanding of what you are trying to say, it is probably because you don't write very clearly - and your attempts to compensate(?) by writing pages of (unclear) stuff make things worse not better.

Last attempt for me to offer any advice to you: Keep your posts SHORT. I mean it, really short! No larger than this post of mine. Then people can easily explain what they don't understand or disagree with you about, and you can then write a SHORT reply to try to correct the matter. Don't try to fit every idea into one post.

Based on past experience, I expect you to ignore this, "because you know you are right" (and everyone else is wrong). Probably this thread will get locked like the last ones that I tried giving advice to you in.... :-/

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

I see. I'm sorry many of you feel that my topics should be short. How SHORT should they be?

Your last post is a good one, and i do agree, and no i am not the type thinking "I know everything and everybody is wrong". That's not the case and i want you all to know that..

I'm sorry and i want to thank you for trying to advice me. Because of the negative feedback from several others, this topic should be deleted. It was only intended to point out the direction the Amiga will take into the future when the X1000 and SAM460 are out. That was all, nothing more. Again, i'm sorry..for everything really. I'm sorry for not being a programmer or a developer, but mostly an
allround user..

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)