Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 148

amije, amigakit, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaInput general problem with games&emulators
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi!

Well I will explain my problem here.I have a red and black Maverick USB Playstation type joypad that I have configured with AmigaInput under OS4.1 update 1.The joystick calibrates right and the buttons are well assigned I believe but it only works well with FPSE Playstation emulator.

The problem is with games and other emulators.For example with Beats of Rage I can enable the joypad but later it doesn't work on the game,with the latest HunoPPC game 1941-Deluxe it works if I push the red lighted analog button but the aeroplane goes to the bottom right corner of the screen without having any chance to return to the center,with E-UAE is practically unusable too and I want to play my 68k games too but I can't with my joypad,with GnGeo the joypad acts similar as in 1941-Deluxe moving down the character on some game of fighting and there are more examples probably but I will not list all here.

I want to ask some questions:

Why my Maverick joypad only works fine with FPSE? Is a Playstation only type of controller?

If E-UAE,GnGeo or 1941-Deluxe recognizes my joypad why it doesn't work properly? On E-UAE I can use some fire button but the axis doesn't work.This can ilustrate a bit more the situation I'm living.

How can I make to work well with my prefered games and emulators?

Does anyone have similar problems as mine with USB joypads and AmigaInput ?

I am dying to play my Amiga 68k games with RunInUAE with my joypad if possible.

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2010/4/5 20:04:58
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: AmigaInput general problem with games&emulators
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1
I will give you the answer in the next AFuture.Buy this magazin and enjoj it then.

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tommysammy

What kind of answer?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1
An articel about 5 emulator and how to use them with amigainput.Now i can't write more about that.

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tommysammy

Which issue will be 84 maybe?

Is there a solution to my problem?

May I buy a new USB joypad for my Amiga One?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1
Yes the issue 84 .I hope and i think you find there the answer.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Make sure you assign Lowlevel Unit 1 Joystick and Joypad to your USB device, you might need to do Unit 0 as well (but that should be mouse)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Disable all AmigaInput devices not used, some games do not check if joypad is connected or not.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Hey my articel about this comes maybe in the issue 85 and not in 84.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1
I assume you already tried following this guide to the letter?

You could try it again after deleting AmigaInput's prefs files (everything in Envarc:Sys/AmigaInput/ ) & rebooting. I once got an AmigaInput problem, and the only way was the delete the prefs file.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post