Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

mencoder problem - solved
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Mencoder fails with the following parameters. This should create a compatible video file for my doughter's mp4 player. These parameters are found on a linux page. Is our mencoder too old for that option?

10.Tool:Video/MEncoder_1.0rc2> mencoder -noodml Bigdisk:Angij?/MC2.avi -of avi -o ram:OUTPUT.avi -ofps 15 -vf-add scale=-2:128,crop=160:128:30:0 -srate 44100 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=400:max_bframes=0:quant_type=h263 -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=96
MEncoder 1.0rc2-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: PowerPC
get_path("config") problem
-xvidencopts is not an MEncoder option

Exiting... (error parsing command line)

Edited by lazi on 2010/3/26 10:22:24
Go to top
Re: mencoder problem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

lazi wrote:
Mencoder fails with the following parameters. This should create a compatible video file for my doughter's mp4 player. These parameters are found on a linux page. Is our mencoder too old for that option?

Just took a closer look at your mencoder command line. Looks like your not trying to create a .mp4 file, your trying to create a .avi file with a video codec of h263 and an audio codec of mp2. The released version of ffmpegGUI already supports those and should work just fine. The info below still holds true as well though. Let me know if you need some help.

Have you tried ffmpeg with ffmpegGUI. It has the capability to create .mp4 files. They are available on OS4Depot. The currently released GUI doesn't have .mp4 available in the output file drop down but you can leave it set to "Use File Ext" and add .mp4 on to the end of the Output filename and it will create a .mp4 container. I have a stable beta version of ffmpegGUI that does have .mp4 support. If you want to give it a try either post here or PM me.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've used at least two OS4 mencoder builds to do videos in avi container. I think mencoder doesn't handle other containers very well.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@lazi

That's because for that first release of MEncoder I have compiled it using only the supplied libraries, so it lacks libxvidbase. I might make a new release compiled with that library in the next few days, if I can find some spare time.

Varthall

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks for your suggestions. FFMPEG Gui is a really neat tool that I use occassionally, however I failed to create a video with it that the Rockchip based mp4 player can eat.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

Thanks in advance! It would be great if it can run with the mentioned options.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Varthall

I guess you mean libxvidcore? At least I don't know of any libxvidbase. I uploaded libxvidcore 1.2.2 to OS4Depot a few months ago (it says 1.1.2 in the readme but it's really 1.2.2). It's compiled as both a static library and a shared object. Altivec code is also enabled and will be used to speed up encoding/decoding if an altivec unit is detected with GetCPUInfoTags.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Sorry, yes, I meant libxvidcore. Thanks for your work, I'm going to use it to recompile mencoder, and the Altivec support is a welcomed bonus.

Varthall

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@lazi

A first beta with libxvidcore compiled in can be found here: http://digilander.libero.it/varthall/mencoder_1.0rc2_02_b01.lha

I have tried it with the command line options you mentioned and at least it doesn't complain anymore about -xvidencopts, let me know if it works for you.

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall
Quote:

A first beta with libxvidcore compiled in can be found here: http://digilander.libero.it/varthall/mencoder_1.0rc2_02_b01.lha

Nice to see further work on mencoder!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Varthall

sounds great, I'll try it when I get home! Thanks for yourk man! mencoder/mplayer are two of the most important programs to have.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Vulture

My plans for mencoder are to release a final version of the old 1.0rc2 version which includes all the libraries that have been requested to be included. After that I'd like to start to port the latest SVN version and to try to make Altivec and 440EP optimized versions as well.

Varthall

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Varthall

Quote:

Varthall wrote:

Varthall

Thousands of Thanks! It is working now and much importantly creates videos that my doughter can play on her mp4 mplayer.
She is impressed too, how helpful this community can be!

So for the record:
With the help of Varthalls's mencoder port you can convert videos for ROCKCHIP based mp4 players. OS4 recognizes it as ROCKCHIP mass storage device. It has strict requirements for the video format.
The commandline:

mencoder -noodml INPUT.avi -of avi -o OUTPUT.avi -ofps 20 -vf-add scale=320:-2,expand=320:240 -srate 44100 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=400:max_bframes=0:quant_type=s16le -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=128

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

cool, thanks a lot and good luck

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post