Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cubic IDE and Basic
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hallo everyone,

One question : well, i'm possessing CubicIDE which I mostly used (earlier I had Sudio) for creating simple HTML pages but now that i'm interesting in learning programming and I would like to know if the basic section of Cubic is a full usable program or if it is limited to the functions described in the guide file.

Asking that because I have very old books, magazines and old issues (all of them in German) in which a big amount of programs/games are described with source codes and used programming language like Aztec, AmigaBasic, Modula-2, C, C++ and others. Some of them have been made with Amiga Basic and I would like to begin with those instead of Amiblitz3 in order to understand the Basic functions and maybe compare within Amiblitz3.

Thanks.

Nicola

Go to top
Re: Cubic IDE and Basic
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@unimon

under OS 4.x you can forget AmigaBasic it will simply not work at all (quite obviously as it was a Microsoft product so with a short life cycle
I have no experience with modern basic available today, the last basic I used on my Amiga was AMOS Pro in my old A1200 something like 15 years ago...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@unimon

You might try ACE Basic if you like Amiga Basic. It is an extended subset of Amiga Basic so it is similar but not quite the same.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does Amiblitz3 work under OS4x?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AlfaR0me0

Yes, it works on all Platforms except AROS (due to no 68k support).
Only thing that might get problematic is the debugger, since unlike MOS, OS4 has some important instructions missing. (AFAIU). I dont know if this has been fixed yet.

From v3.5 on, the compiler can be used stand alone via CLI, so it should be possible to use it within CubicIDE or with any other texteditor/IDE. However, PED should be fine too.

P.S:
Amiblitz3 executables run under all above platforms (if you stick to the rules). The compiled code is just as fast as C, especially on modern HW (JIT friendly code). If needed, 68K, PPC or x86 inline Assembler can be used if even more optimization is needed for speed critical sections.
The runtime library (the "Inlcudes") support "mordern" things like 24bit GFX, AHI, many file formats (incl. png, jpeg, bmp, iff, wav, aiff, mp3 read/write), TCP/IP, etc. etc.
On the other hand, due to the those features, it is not really what you epect if you talk about a BASIC language.

Edited by Wanderer on 2010/1/30 15:58:21
Edited by Wanderer on 2010/1/30 16:00:26
Edited by Wanderer on 2010/1/30 16:02:42
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Wanderer

Thanks for that information :)

Didn?t know Amiblitz3 was so versatil.. cool

SAM440EP 667Mhz A1200/060 Mediator
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AlfaR0me0

Yes. And it is still maintained by various people (including me), and has rarely seen such busy times like right now.
Unfortunately, due to a server crash some time ago, there is no distribution for download.
Usually you can get it here:

http://amiblitz.amiforce.de

Reminds me to prepare a new distribution.

The latest snapshot can be found at sourceforge (but remember to restore the executalbe flags, i wonder how other developer deal with this problem with SVN).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Wanderer

AmiBlitz sounds cool!.

Do you think it is possible to include the various library currently used on OS4, such Cairo, the composition Engine and so on...
DO you think could take mych time to have a native OS4.x version?

Thank you

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Including OS4 Libraries should be possible, as long as they have an 68K interface. I dont know if this is the case for ALL OS4 libraries by design, or if this requires a so call "glue file" or something.
Technically, you could write your own PPC calling routines, but writing a glue file would be more useful.

There will probably never be a native OS4 Version. Too much work, too few users, too small benefit, as it already does a nice job under OS4.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Wanderer

Hi, thanks for your job and the link.

One question which will seem stupid to everyone: What the login is used for ? I think I will subscribe because I have many questions because of I'm newbie (as you know through my other threads).

Nic

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Wanderer

Thanks for the link, unfortunately I do not understand the German language but the screenshots are very appealing and demonstrate the potential of AmiBlitz3.
It?s definitely a language to try.
I had already programmed in BlitzBasic but very few, think it?s now the moment to remember syntax and comands.. :)
I hope AmiBlitz continues to evolve towards OS4 because that is the future of Amiga.
Congratulations for your great work Wanderer :)

SAM440EP 667Mhz A1200/060 Mediator
Go to top

Register To Post