Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

CMPLENGTH Monitor Setting
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Several times since installing OS4.1u1 I have noticed a quick screen jump that looks like the screen got out of sync for one cycle or something. I changed the INTERRUPTS= setting to INTERRUPT= as others have suggested. I notice that CMPLENGTH is now set to 11 (CMPLENGTH=11). Previously, CMPLENGTH was set to 6 (CMPLENGTH=6) on SAM & ?A1. It's been set to 6 on my ?A1 for years. What is CMPLENGTH and should I change it back to 6 (from current 11 set by the Installer)??

Go to top
Re: CMPLENGTH Monitor Setting
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Well, it doesn't have anything to to with sync, timings etc.

I don't remember exactly what it is for, but it has something to do with the length of the board name or the part of it which you want the driver to match on.

In general, you want it set to the length of the string after the equals sign in the BOARDNAME tooltype. So if e.g. you have BOARDNAME=Radeon, you should have CMPLENGTH=6.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache
In that case I guess CMPLENGTH=11 makes sense since the boardname listed by Ranger is "Radeon 9250". When I get around to reconnecting my ?A1, I'll have to check if the CMPLENGTH matches the internal video board name. I haven't seen the video glitch for a couple of days so maybe changing INTERRUPTS to INTERUPT had an effect. Thanks for the info. I learned something today

Edited by xenic on 2010/1/29 5:40:39
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Didn't know that. Thanks.

So this is the most useless tooltype in the Amiga history
I don't see how it can be difficult to "read until \0".

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Elwood

As far as I remember, there was some good reason to have it. But I don't really remember what it was. Maybe it had something to do with making the icon valid for several different boards with the same brand, e.g. "Radeon" as well as "Radeon 9250" and "Radeon 9100" or whatever. All of those would be matched by comparing with "Radeon" with CMPLENGTH=6.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

It's a valid explanation.
A tooltype called "BOARDNAME" could be used, making the whole thing easier to understand.
Anyway with the last Prefs/Screenmode, tooltypes are less important for the user. It's just that (s)he can find it confusing.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top

Register To Post