Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
47 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 47

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Question / Info on AmiDock?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
After getting AmiDock setup the way I like on OS4.1.1, I'm left with a couple of questions:
(Click HERE for a picture of workbench showing the AmiDock. No fancy shadows, it's a uA1.)

1. Is there documentation somewhere on AmiDock?

2. Is there a way to have subdocks stay open after choosing an item?
I'm using a subdock to have appdocks open up on but when I try to control the app, like clicking "Play" on the Tunenet appdock, the button works but the subdock closes. The workaround I'm using now it to have a button on the maindock that will open and close the subdock.

3. What does the "Popup Size" setting do?
I don't see anything change when I change it's setting.

Oh and just a word of warning, the "Place App Dockies in" dropdown menu is limited to 11 subdocks. Any subdocks after the 11th aren't listed so you can't set it o have appdocs open on them. I found this out the hard way as my Appdock was number 15 at first. I had to go edit the amidoc XML file manually to switch it with the 11th so it would be listed. Hey, that was eaiser than deleting 5 subdocks and having to set them up again. Besides, now I know how the amidoc XML file works.

Go to top
Re: Question / Info on AmiDock?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

1. I don't think so, haven't found one myself yet

2. Unfortunately thats not possible (at least i didn't find that functionality myself)

3. That changes the size of the docky drag bar, if you don't have one showing (i.e. hidden) than nothing changes on altering this option

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

> Is there a way to have subdocks stay open after choosing an item?

Use the SubDocky's context menu and at the bottom disable the box next to PopUp Mode. Now the subdock will stay open until you close it yourself.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
Oh and just a word of warning, the "Place App Dockies in" dropdown menu is limited to 11 subdocks.

That's the default limit of chooser.gadget. They could increase it in AmiDock, however if there are too many items chooser.gadget will drift the rest off of the display and you won't be able to select them anyway.

Talking of which, that's a feature request for Update 2 - chooser.gadget (and popupmenu.class plus the usual Intuition menus) need to support scrolling up/down when not all items fit on the screen.

Go to top

Register To Post