Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: TuneNet SR1 (for OS4 Final)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

When Broadcast streaming its handy to know how long the song is.

any way of displaying this in the playlist next to the song ? Or even in the "Tune" option ?

Apologies if your've already included that now. I'm still using that broadcast beta you sent me.

(I'm waiting for mic support before upgrading - hint hint)

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast

In the latest version the time is shown in the list once you start playing. Are you asking for it to be pre - populated before hand?

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

i asked on AW about the album cover support, guess u havent seen it or i forgot where i posted

anyway i wonder, how do we get that feature enabled? , ie what should it be called etc (the file).

cheers

PS:keep up the wonderfull work, i love TuneNet to death!.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

AHA..... click da liqqle arrow down the bottom right makes it countDOWN instead of up

Doh! Resized Image

You gotta gives us old farts some leeway... our eyes aint what they used to be !!

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Excellent news. TuneNet update downloaded and installed! Donation sent.

Many thanks and Happy New Year

TrevorDick

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ToAks

Sorry Toaks. There's been lots of questions scattered around,
I try to get round to them all.

Album cover support will be properly covered in one of the
later releases. The reason why the info window is there in
this release was I was too lazy to take it out!

Album covers will be stored in directorys and referenced in
the main media library DB once complete. Also image
extraction from MP3 IDV3 tags will be supported.

@TrevorDick,

Many Thanks, much appreciated!

@All,

Happy new year! :)

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

cheers for the answer and update mr bean!. :=)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

Quote:
Album covers will be stored in directorys and referenced in
the main media library DB once complete. Also image
extraction from MP3 IDV3 tags will be supported.

Are you saying here that the album art will be stored in the same directory as the related MP3s, or that it will be stored in its own directory relative to the MP3s?

I have noticed that Media Player on the peecee places the album art in the same dir as the particular MP3 album.

I.e., you rip the album "Ricochet" by Tangerine Dream and wind up with the dir path [music albums]/Tangerine Dream/Ricochet/ and when you venture inside .../Ricochet/, you find:

01 - Ricochet, Pt. 1.mp3
02 - Ricochet, Pt. 2.mp3
AlbumArt_{long-string-of-hexadecimal-numbers}_Large.jpg
AlbumArt_{long-string-of-hexadecimal-numbers}_Small.jpg
AlbumArtSmall.jpg
Folder.jpg

(The above is how it appears on my dedicated file-server machine, except that I'm too lazy to hand-copy over the actual hexadecimal numbers in the filenames... )

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NomadOfNorad

now if only i could understand why thempegguiencoder package sometimes makes good ID3tags and other times just track01.mp3 etc

yes i know...i have been in the id3 menu and obtained tags etc...but hmm confusing

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@NomadOfNorad

Quote:
Are you saying here that the album art will be stored in the same directory as the related MP3s, or that it will be stored in its own directory relative to the MP3s?

I'm not sure yet! The Media library DB will link it all together so it doesn't really matter where it all sits at the end of the day. But a decision will be made that best suits the system and usage. The plugin API will be updated further so that misc info can be reported back into the info window also, so that sample names for MODS etc... will be possible.

We've (FuZion and I) much to work on in 2007 with the Skinable GUI and everything so I'll provide more details nearer the time.

See you all in 2007.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Quote:
The plugin API will be updated further so that misc info can be reported back into the info window also, so that sample names for MODS etc... will be possible.

Cool, that'll enable me to add the extra info I can get from datatypes....

...not that the sound datatypes bother to report it. I can see AUTH etc chunks in my 8SVX (and other) files but if I request the data it doesn't come. The only one that it reports is the name, and sometimes even that doesn't work. There's a bug in the sound datatypes somewhere, but whether it is in the superclass or the datatypes themselves I couldn't say.

On an entirely different subject, I was trying out the shuffle play feature and after around an hour and a half of playing, it stopped. No amount of clicking on Next would get it onto another track, I had to manually start playing another one to get it to continue. and, before you ask, no it hadn't finished playing through the entire list.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

Well, the reason I brought this up is... more and more users are going to be using these things in a LAN environment with multiple OSs on hand, like I do right now, and likely will be storing their music on some kind of NAS (Network Attached Storage device). Which means we'll want to interoperate with the already common schemes for storing MP3 albums.

Since Windoze is pretty dang common out there, and gadzillions of people use Media Player to rip their CDs... it makes sense to follow that album-art scheme, or at least to recognize and use the album art within TuneNet when present in this form. I.e. have an option to automatically display the picture in a little screen on the TuneNet interface.

In fact, I kinda get the impression that Media Player places the album art files there even if you didn't rip the songs with it originally and you just play them with it. Sometimes it even updates them with new art!

I'm not necessarily saying TuneNet should create the album-art files using the exact same naming scheme... but it does look like a perfectly sensible system. And I'm guessing the long string of hexadecimal numbers is probably provided by the online database (Gracenote?) that the album data comes from, and presumably the number comes from the unique code that I'm guessing goes on each CD album master-disc. Or maybe its a code created by Gracenote itself for each album. Your guess is as good as mine...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Quote:
@bean @Outcast

AHA..... click da liqqle arrow down the bottom right makes it countDOWN instead of up
Resized Image
Doh!

You gotta gives us old farts some leeway... our eyes aint what they used to be !!

Well with the latest, and the previous version in that little countdown window Its isn't showing the 2nd second digit so I'm getting H.MM.S when with Outcasts picture its showing H.MM.SS

not a big problem, unless its me with the fonts set to large

(Borrowed from Outcast the Youngster)

You gotta gives us older farts some leeway... our eyes aint what they used to be !!

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@bean

I found a bug with the selcocast streamer. If you start broadcasting with it works great and stable. But if you close the stream server, as soon as the buffer of the tunenet empties, it freezes, and also the whole system! I tested a few times and it happens always!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Thanks very usefull

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)