Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Codebench - where to download?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@corto

The problem I see with having multilpe targets in each makefile is how to present that to the user without complicating the whole process.

CodeBench can currently create a makefile suitable for a target to be compiled with the compiler it targets (gcc in the case of the AmigaOS4SDK project type). In order to allow the user to specify different targets, the settings interface would need to be considerably changed, and would IMO complicate things for the beginner.

Advanced users are free to turn off the creation of build scripts and edit it as they see fit.

I'm currently talking about CodeBench as it exists now, I can't remember how much functionality is present in 0.8.

I would suggest holding back any future enhancement requests until 0.9 ships, then we can reassess what changes would be required, and at what cost. Ideally I'd like to keep the interface as simple as possible to make it easier for inexperienced programmers to start using the product. Seasoned hackers are free to use features more obscured :)

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi.

I'm back to the Amiga platform for a few monthes (coudn't resist to the Sam/OS4.1 couple) and I've been looking for an effective development tool (I work with Delphi for my firm).
I bought Cubic IDE but didn't get very excited about it.
Then I gave a try to CodeBench during the Alchimie show and I've been greatly satisfied with its promises.

But, the problem is that it is not usable at the time being for me. The clipboard and foreign keyboard bugs are making the editor useless and I have to use Notepad as Corto does.

Having to wait for the next OS update (beginning of next year) is a real pain in the ... neck.

I know everybody here keep begging you for an update or a fix but it's so frustating to have to just sit and wait for the OS update without any other solution.

Elwood told me I can't be too demanding to someone developping a nice tool during its free time and spreading it freely for the moment being.
Well, my need is to have an effective tool and I want to do whatever is necessary to get it, be it buying a licence or anything else.

People here are in need of Codebench, so don't hesitate to ask anything which could help your project, be it money, testing, coding or whatever.

You're doing a great job and I want to help you in any way I can.

Please, help me getting rid of Notepad. ;)

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Olrick

Let me firstly thank you for your support. We strive hard to make CodeBench the best product it can be, although this is not only time consuming, but involves a lot of dependencies on OS components.

As such, CodeBench currently relies on certain functionality being present which simply does not exist in the current 4.1 release.

Hopefully, update 1 shouldn't be too much longer, and we promise to make a new public version as soon as possible after this update is released.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Olrick

Welcome to Amigans.net!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)