Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
220 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 220

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Can't compile with 800MZ Sam Flex
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy
Quote:
Send it back to ACube!

In the end, I may need to send it back to then for testing but I want to be sure it's absolutely necessary first. At this point I think we have gotten the attention of ACube & Hyperion and we'll see if some of these problems get worked out through software updates. The Quickfix did cure my worst graphics corruption problems so I'm still unsure as to the cause of other problems. Shipping a computer system or board across the Atlantic ocean could result in damage to the board, so I consider it a last resort.

As far as this topic is concerned, several others who are apparently using the standard SAM440ep also appear to be having compiler problems. I suspect that the compiler problems may be curable in software if we get the right persons attention on the issue.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rwo
Quote:

rwo wrote:
Do you some times have errors in the Boot picture? or maybe the Background of the Workbench screen is coruppted.[/quote

There are errors in the boot picture if I remove one 512MB memory module leaving 512MB memory available on my SAM Flex. With 1GB memory installed, I only get errors in the Boot picture when I hold down the Help (Scroll Lock) key during a reboot, enter the Preboot menu and continue the boot from there. If I set the priority higher on another bootable partition (DH5:) there are no errors in the Boot picture. The other partition is SFS/0 so I still haven't determined if the difference is the filesystem or the partition location.
[quote]
For I have the same problem that I can't compile without crashes, and I suspect the HD makes read errors. I havent tested with another HD so far.
RWO

Does it crash in "cc1"? That's where all my crashes occur. If you want to be able to compile, try the previous public OS4 SDK. When I replace the gcc directory in the current SDK with the gcc directory from the previous SDK, I can compile start-to-finish without crashes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ice2642
Quote:
Workaround:
Forbid any application to access the last 256 bytes of DDR memory. For example, make your operating system believe that the last 256 bytes of DDR memory are absent.

I'm not sure where you quoted that info from but your workaround might be worth a try if I knew how to accomplish it. How do I make the system think that the last 256 bytes are absent?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

I am not yet with the sam and AmigaOS SDK to give a answer.

But I can say it is a low level job.

Maybe you in contact with the hyperion team with this information, he make a OS fix if it not ecxist yet.

I quote from the CPU site documentation about CPU Errata.
http://www.appliedmicro.com/MyAMCC/js ... il.jsp?productID=PPC440EP

BR

Ice2642
www.gsv8.com
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ice2642
Apparently nobody else is compiling large programs with SAM Flex so I can't determine if it's a GCC problem or a problem with my system. I guess I'll just have to wait for some more new 1GB SAM Flex users to try compiling.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

ok, I've acquired

http://transact.dl.sourceforge.net/so ... rge/muibase/mbsrc-2.8.tgz

and see how we go... I'm downloading 1 400meg file at the moment too, so this should be interesting

forget that I've decided there is just TOO much missing headers etc

what we need is someone "you?" to create a complete bz2 or whatever test suite that just unarcs with everything necessary inside this one directory... necessary headers and works... this is the only way you'll get anyone to try this out...

of course there are more dedicated programmers out there that will find this a walk in the park... all we have to do is wait till they buy a SAM Flex

btw, are you using this muimaster.h ?

#ifndef PROTO_MUIMASTER_H
#define PROTO_MUIMASTER_H

#ifndef LIBRARIES_MUI_H
#include <libraries/mui.h>
#endif /* !LIBRARIES_MUI_H */

#include <clib/muimaster_protos.h>

#ifdef __GNUC__
#include <inline/muimaster.h>
#endif /* __GNUC__ */

#ifndef __NOLIBBASE__
extern struct Library *
#ifdef __CONSTLIBBASEDECL__
__CONSTLIBBASEDECL__
#endif /* __CONSTLIBBASEDECL__ */
MUIMasterBase;
#endif /* !__NOLIBBASE__ */

#endif /* !PROTO_MUIMASTER_H */

Edited by Slayer on 2009/7/1 11:14:01
Edited by Slayer on 2009/7/1 11:22:45
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer
Quote:
btw, are you using this muimaster.h ?

No. That's an old 68k header file. OS4 doesn't use clib files. The entire OS4 MUI SDK is installed with the latest public SDK from Hyperion's WEB site.
The "proto" header "muimaster.h" should be located in RAM:Local/common/include/proto/ after you install the OS4 SDK. I'll take a closer look and the MUIBase archive when I get home this evening. I check out the code from the repository with the OS4 SVN command and that may not be the same as the code included in the archive you downloaded.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I wondered about that, went to all the trouble to grab the headers off aminet... only did that because as soon as I became to build the project I got a page full of missing headers and undefined functions...

You give me the steps I'll be happy to compile it, or try to up to 95% in anycase

My background has just been compiling mud codebases and some cut and paste and some experiments inside this scope... even though I did get pretty good at it, I can't program for a bean

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer
O.K. I created a stripped down set of sources with slightly modified sources and makefile. I added the missing includes and it should be a self-contained compile with the OS4 SDK. Since I don't want a botched up set of sources for someone elses opensource project floating around, I'll pm you with a url to D/L the modified archive. Please let me know if there are still problems and what the result of your compile is.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

Nice one, I'll give that a whirl around 6pm tonight... 5 hours from now, at work, 1pm.

I installed the new Flex to see if that helped but err... I don't even get to create one x.o

<deleted to save resources>

ok, I decided to remove the Cygnix environment

Now I guess I need flexcat? ;-D

Edited by Slayer on 2009/7/3 8:35:59
Edited by Slayer on 2009/7/3 8:40:50
Edited by Slayer on 2009/7/4 2:29:13
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer
Sometimes I forget that I have tools & headers installed in my SDK long ago. Sorry about that. You can D/L 68k version of Flexcat from Aminet or from http://sourceforge.net/projects/flexcat/files/ . Both files are 68k and rather old. No recent versions appear to have been released at SourceForge. I guess that the project administrator assumes that programmers will simply check out the sources and compile them like I did. The version I'm using is a 2 year old OS4 compile but I don't see any reason why the 68k version wouldn't work. If you still have trouble let me know.

P.S. I think you need to disable AmiCygnix when compiling. It can create some confusion. I don't start the SDK or AmiCygnix from my user startup. I wrote startup scripts that I can call from a shell to avoid those kinds of issues.

Edited by xenic on 2009/7/3 17:35:19
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I recognised the command but yes couldn't find it on OS4Depot etc...

Wasn't sure if we wanted to go mixing around with m68k stuff...

I don't want to state the obvious but isn't it remotely possible that a problem could come from mixing OS specific distributions? On OS4 the emulation is at 020 right? Perhaps 040 or 060 enhanced could cause problems if they work at all.

Who knows what goes on inside the cpus computations at times

Okay, I am working today too... so same deal... I'll let you know later tonight...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer
Quote:
I don't want to state the obvious but isn't it remotely possible that a problem could come from mixing OS specific distributions? On OS4 the emulation is at 020 right? Perhaps 040 or 060 enhanced could cause problems if they work at all.

Flexcat really has nothing to do with compiling. It is just a shell command called by the "make" command to convert some files before the actual compiling begins. You could probably run the Flexcat commands from a shell before compiling if you wanted to. Based on dependencies related to the Flexcat source file, the "make" command could skip the Flexcat lines in the makefile if the converted files already exist. In fact, that's the problem I had when compiling FlexCat from the SVN repository. Somebody left the old converted files in the source directory when they committed changes to the sources in the repository. The source file (cd) had been changed and the updated code referenced definitions that were not present in the old converted files that still existed. A "make cleanall" or deletion of the converted files was necessary to get the code to compile. I suspect that a lot of OS4 programmers may still be using 68k FlexCat since I haven't found a released OS4 version anywhere.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

I suspect that a lot of OS4 programmers may still be using 68k FlexCat since I haven't found a released OS4 version anywhere.

There is a native build of the much more modern CatComp included with the SDK, I would suggest you use that.

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:

There is a native build of the much more modern CatComp included with the SDK, I would suggest you use that.

Not to speak out of turn but for future reference; is the syntax/template the same?

For example in this instance, for xenics' project could he copy bin:CatComp bin:Flexcat?

Or if more comfortable with softlinks use that instead

otherwise it would be a rehash of all the configuration files and whatnot correct? of course, this would only need to be done once...

@xenic

understood

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo
Quote:

That would be good advice if we were writing the program. What we're trying to do is get a SourceForge open-source program compiling on his system to see if he can confirm the GCC crash in "cc1" that I'm experiencing on my 800MHZ SAM Flex with 1GB mem. I sent him a modified set of sources that have all the includes that should be needed so he can test the compile on his system which is the same as mine. However, I forgot that the sources use FlexCat to create the language catalogs. I don't think that CatComp can be directly substituted in this case but I could be wrong. FlexCat creates the code to open the locale library and load the catalog and I'm not sure if CatComp goes that far.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I made the mistake of opening up my new copy of 'The Lost Odyssey' the other night... errr, I didn't stop playing it till 3:30am this morning... at work and suffering

I will try and finish off this small project tonight after work...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer
Quote:

Slayer wrote:
I will try and finish off this small project tonight after work...

You should be able to place a downloaded Flexcat in SDK:Local/C to get the compile to work. I disconnected my SAM and reconnected my ?A1 to install the Quickfix and see if I have any problems. I will test the same compiles on my ?A1 to see if any problems show up there.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

I hate to say it xenix but it works flawlessly here...

When I type muibase I get a rather small white window with blue borders and Unnamed in the title bar and Empty display written in the window.

my stack was 5100000 and I downloaded the 68000 version of flexcat and put it in local / c

adios! sorry it took so long, Lost Odyssey rocks

Edited by Slayer on 2009/7/9 2:11:50
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer
Quote:
When I type muibase I get a rather small white window with blue borders and Unnamed in the title bar and Empty display written in the window.

The sources I sent you were only intended to be used as a compile test. It may not produce a viable binary so I wouldn't recommend using it. Thanks for all the work. I'll have to look for a problem on my SAM system after I've tested the Quickfix on my Micro for a while.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »